“Hit the Mark!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Best Cellar Incorporated
Ranked #16 of 48 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Roswell, Georgia
“Hit the Mark!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

After having several not so great meals on a recent trip to Boone/Blowing Rock, my husband went to TripAdvisor and found this great little restaurant right in downtown Blowing Rock. Aside from the fact that it is on Sunset street and there is no sunset to see, everything else was very good. The amostphere was very relaxing. We sat outside in the crisp summer evening weather (got to love Blowing Rock for cool summer temps). Our waitress was both efficient but also took the time to describe dishes, make recommendations and ask us about our visit.
As indicated by the name, the wine list is extensive and we found a reasonably priced bottle to accompany our meal. My husband had the Sea Scallops and I had the Chicken, Goat Cheese and Chirizo dish. Both were cooked to perfection and very enjoyable. Good size portions and I took half of mine home.
After our meal, our server gave us a tour of the lovely facility which reminded me of a miniature version of the Grove Park Inn. We will definitely be back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great food and views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband and I went here for our special night out in Blowing Rock. It was a great experience in every way. When I made the reservation 2 weeks before, I asked for a table by the garden window. They said they would do that, and they did. Good start! The view was lovely and tranquil, with beautiful flowers. The waitress was great, as was my veal (there was a bit of a fatty part, but the serving was so large there was plenty for me). My husband's duck was great too. We also had the chocolate cake for desert, which was HUGE. I think we ate about a quarter of it at most. Would definitely come back again.

• Visited July 2013
North Carolina
“Your Best Bet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

After a disastrous fire a few years ago, the Best Cellar has relocated to the Ragged Garden Inn in Blowing Rock, a small hotel in a lovely location. For years the Best Cellar has retained its reputation as the best special place to dine in the High Country. The good food complements the rustic setting. Prices are on the high side of reasonable, and the atmosphere is rustic Victorian. If that's your preference, this is your place.

Visited July 2013
Houston, Texas
“Wonderful service and steaks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband is a very picky eater and especially about his steak. We are from Texas. We both ordered a steak and had crab cake appetizer. Everything was perfect.

Visited July 2013
Cleveland, Georgia, United States
“Absolutely divine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Fabulous meal! I had grouper with a delicious Gouda cheese sauce with a great salad, zucchini, wild rice. My husband has beef tenderloin medallions, garlic mashed potatoes, grilled veggies. Bread & Banana Cream Pie was delicious as well. Beautiful setting -nice seat by the window overlooking the luscious flower gardens. Could also hear live music on the lawn (provided on Friday nights- weather permitting. My favorite place in BR!

• Visited July 2013