“Don't Miss it!!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Don't Miss it!!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We were so impressed with the menu and selection of Best Cellar, I wish we could have eaten here more than once while we were in town. We had excellent service, the entree selection was quite vast, they were friendly, accommodating and all of the tables have a beautiful view of their gardens.
We all had something different, I had the trout on the menu with an orange hollandaise - only problem with that - I would have loved more of it!! Without a doubt the BEST trout I have ever had anywhere. One member of our party had the Grouper with a lemon butter sauce to die for, Crispy duck at my left was divine and the special Lamb chops were such a huge serving I never thought my husband would finish them! (but he did!) We were so stuffed we did not stay for dessert - but took it home to have later at our cabin and we were not disappointed with the Coconut Lime cake and the Chocolate - whatever it was pie - yummy! Don't miss Best Cellar - Its a great place, with a warm and friendly atmosphere - I can't wait to go back and have the mushroom ravioli with short ribs!!

• Visited June 2013

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Be Sure to Dine on the Porch”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Beautiful setting and excellent food. The staff was wonderful. We'll return in July and look forward to another treat!!!

Elkin, North Carolina
“dinner”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The food was very tasty. I was disappointed to go to a restaurant of that caliber and have my steak over cooked. That was the reason I chose this restaurant. I wanted excellent food and service. I will say that they did make it good and serve me another one but, who wants another steak when your dinner date is finished with their meal?

North Carolina, United States
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Great Experience! Wonderful flavor combinations and excellent atmosphere. I had a salad with the lemon basil vinaigrette ( it was delicious). I had salmon for my entree. It was cooked perfect. It was tender and juicy. I had pomegranate creme brule for dessert ( yes pomegranate). I was scared to try it, but it was delicious. The flavor was very delicate. It was definitely worth a visit.

1 Thank Brittany R
BOSTON
“A wonderful meal outside on the porch”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We came in off the Blue Ridge Parkway into the town of Blowing Rock which we had never visited before. We started to look for restaurants in Trip Advisor and settled on Best Cellar based on the reviews. We clicked the link for the menu but found only wines. We went anyway based on the reviews. It turned out that they were just switching over their menu and the website had not been updated. If someone reads this review shortly after it is posted you may find the same thing but if you will go you will find the food choices many and varied. I had Veal Oscar and my husband had short ribs with ravioli. A salad, starch, and veggie is included. Our meals just could not have better. We even split a chocolate torte for dessert. It was warm enough to eat on the porch. A truly magic night.

Visited May 2013