“Great lunch”

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2012

After shopping in Blowing Rock, the highlight of our day was having lunch at the Best Cellar. The scallops were highly recommended & we were not disappointed. The service was superb and the food wonderful. We found the Inn to be charming and would love to recommend friends to stay there. Will return as soon as possible.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

we have not eaten here in a few years so we made a reservation for a Sunday night. My wife had the duck and it was prepared perfectly. My daughter had the cod and she said it was good but had a little to much vinegar on it. I had one of the specials, The new york Strip with the shoe string fries with parmesan cheese. I had a Duck Rabbit milk stout beer with my meal and the girls had ice tea. We chose to split two deserts, the chocolate cake and the banana pie. We all fought for the cake and were not excited about the banana pie. All and all we enjoyed are time there and are waiter was well trained and hard working.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We enjoyed an outstanding dining experience with friends at this upscale restaurant which also has lodging. The atmosphere is very cozy in a historic arts and crafts style space, though most of the seating is in what appears to be a newer side addition. The service was prompt and helpful. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals. I has mussels which were excellent and I tasted my husband's side which was baked zucchini, very tasty! When we're back in Blowing Rock, we'll definitely dine here!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We have been here several times and it is always great. We ate in the cellar this time, very unique. We made reservations and got in exactly on time even though it was very busy. All 6 had something different and all dishes were excellent. The Shrimp bisque soup was divine along with the crab cake and chicken marsala. The zucchini boats are very good, have never had anywhere before.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

There were 7 women in our party, all ordered something different, and all meals were excellent. The crispy duck was by far the best we had ever had (we all had to taste). I shared a grouper and it was wonderful. And, another stand out of the evening was the banana pie for dessert. We share a couple of others that were good, but wish we would have only ordered the banana pie. Service was a little slow, but we overlooked that, considering how warm and friendly they were. The ambiance was another draw, with the dark wood paneling and lodge-like furnishings. I could go on and on. Very special evening.