“good food, bad attitude” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blowing Rock Grille - CLOSED

Blowing Rock Grille
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ransom
Transit: Apple cart next door at the Village Pharmacy
Description: Join us at the Blowing Rock Grille for an upbeat, exciting dinning experience offering a wide variety of prices and choices. Enjoy your meal outside on our scenic sidewalk garden courtyard or dine in our warm and inviting atmosphere. We are located down the street from the park on Sunset Drive. The restaurant has been a favorite for locals and visitors since 1982. Try our nightly specials along with a wonderful dinner menu featuring fresh fish, pasta, pork, aged premium steaks and a unique wine list. Have your favorite beverage at Bert's Bar. We offer incredible food and exceptional service.
the world
“good food, bad attitude”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2008

My compliments to the chef. We both had steaks and they were fantastic, but I would not go back nor recommend anyone to this restaurant. We were eating dinner while the owner was there, and over heard him talking, and he was very rude, indirectly, to his customers. A family came in with a couple of kids and the looks he gave the children of the family made us very uncomfortable. Our server was very nice and we would visit next time we come to Blowing Rock, but from that experience we wouldn't give him the business again.

“Ugh...better off eating at Outback Steakhouse.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2008

Wow, what a disappointment. The interior totally needs to be updated, reminded me of a cafeteria and the pricing for the food is outrageous. The presentation was very mediocre, I could have thrown little pieces of red and green pepper to make it colorful better than they could. I had the special which was the chicken breast stuffed with cheese and topped with ham, which was good, but nothing better than what home made cooking entails and my partner had the whopping $29 filet with gorgonoola, the first 2 bites were good but after than it tasted like it was a 20 year old piece of meat. The brussel sprouts for a side were actually pretty good and so was the baked potato with sea salt. All in all, this place was very overpriced and the atmosphere was just plain boring and outdated. The night before we ate at the Storie Street Grille which was spectacular and the pricing was less than blowing rock grille!

1 Thank nesak2
nc
“The best food in blowing rock”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2008

This is the best place to eat lunch and diner. The atmosphere and food is wonderful.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I love Blowing Rock Grille! The Chicken Burrito is fabulous (enough to share), as is the Turkey Sub with French Fries...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2007

I love Blowing Rock Grille! The Chicken Burrito is fabulous (enough to share), as is the Turkey Sub with French Fries! The Strawberry Bran Muffins are incredible, Bon Appetit magazine has been trying to get that recipe for years! Lots of local flavor, great atmosphere, and a great place for lunch!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Maine
“disappointed with the Blowing Rock Grill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2007

My husband and I recently stayed in Blowing Rock for three days. What a charming town. Our only disappointment was with our dinner at the Blowing Rock Grill. We opted to sit outside, which was very nice. I ordered the fried shrimp, and my husband ordered a steak. I was very disappointed with the shrimp. The breading was so salty that I had to scrape the coating off. I also thought the service itself wasn't up to par. The waitress never brought us our rolls/bread and did not return to our table until she presented the bill. She never asked how are meal was or even if we wanted anything else. This establisment was not a *cheap* place to dine, most of the entrees on the menu were priced between $20-$30. I don't mind paying a higher price for a nice meal, but in all honesty the shrimp I ordered at the airport in Charlotte was better than what I had at this establisment! To be fair, my husband did state that his steak for fine.