“Very good - but very busy”

Storie Street Grille
Ranked #11 of 48 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: A lunch and dinner restaurant with an extensive menu,including wild caught seafood, all natural beef, chicken and pork selections, pasta and delicious salads.
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Good restaurant. I have been eating here for years. I have learned to get a takeout order because there usually is a wait - especially on weekends. They do not take reservations unless there are at least 5 in your group.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We ate at the Storie St. Grille and had a marvelous meal. I had salmon with asparagus and the best smoked gouda cheese grits I have ever tasted. My mom got the crab cake and it was huge and chocked full of lump crab meat. They have a nice bar area and the bread is served with balsalmic vinegar, a special salt, and extra virgin olive oil and butter if you so desire. This is a great place to eat and we will definitely go back.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband took me there for our Anniversary dinner. Seeing that he works in the area, he knows all the "local" places to go and try. We arrived a little earlier than our reservation but we were seated promptly. We had a very friendly server, who was very helpful and eager to serve. The food was ok. I would have expected a little more for the prices. We were treated to a desert to share for our anniversary.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was the only place we found which seemed like a good bet for dining on a busy Saturday night in Blowing Rock. It was really busy, but they gave us a table on the back terrace which was pleasant on a warm summer evening. The food was very good. I had pork with roasted roots and fingerling potatoes - so good and the portion size was just right.
They didn't have the wine I wanted, and the one I chose instead was nice enough, but my husband chose a really nice wine. Our waitress was lovely, but perhaps a more experienced one could have helped me make a better wine choice. I did have to have a second glass of the nicer one, so it worked out OK in the end!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

My wife and I ate at this restaurant around 11:30 on a Saturday morning. We were seated immediately, but within 20 minutes, there was a line out the door and a 40 minute wait. This menu is creative and southern (some might even go so far as to say earthy/granola). Everything tasted fresh, and we enjoined the outdoor back patio. If we are ever in Blowing Rock again, we'll definitely be returning.