“Great service paired with great food”

Storie Street Grille
Ranked #12 of 48 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: A lunch and dinner restaurant with an extensive menu,including wild caught seafood, all natural beef, chicken and pork selections, pasta and delicious salads.
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I visited Storie Street Grille around 8:30 on a Friday night and were seated immediately without a reservation. Our server was prompt and came to take our drink orders and go through the evening's specials. We selected two appetizers to try (fried green tomatoes and a fried squash dish that was a special dish) and didn't have to wait long for them to arrive. Both were delicious, though I felt they were on the small side for the price. I ordered the Chicken al Vino and my husband ordered a NY strip that was one of the specials. Both were delicious and cooked perfectly. You must try the gouda grits if you're visiting- so good! Though we were offered the dessert menu we were much to full to indulge. If the dinner menu prices are too high for you (it was quite an expensive meal), consider visiting for lunch. If the lunch menu is anything like the dinner menu, you're in for a great meal.

There are newer reviews for Storie Street Grille

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We have visited the Boone Blowing Rock area for years, had many fine meals at Storie Street Grille and will be retiring to the area next spring. One of the many reasons we chose Western North Carolina for retirement is because of the restaurant scene, and Storie Street is one of those restaurants we would include among our favorites. The bar is well stocked, the atmosphere, both inside, and on the delightful patio, creates just the right ambiance, and the food is consistently outstanding. This last visit was no exception. We had mountain trout and duck breast on the patio, both delicious, along with prompt and friendly service. After a long day of travel and airlines, Storie Street is usually our first choice for a relaxing respite and beginning of our stay. This visit my husband was hoping that blackberry cobbler would be on the dessert menu, but alas, the blackberries weren't quite in season yet and he had apple cobbler instead, which he happily devoured. Chocolate is always my first choice in desserts and I indulged in a rich and sinful flour-less cake. Highly recommended and we look forward to our next visit and permanent residency!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We dined early because we were going to see a performance at Blowing Rock School by Ensemble Stage. Food was great, service excellent, and atmosphere pleasant. A convenient spot, Storie Street Grill is right on Main Street close to the delightful shops. You can do reservations through OPEN TABLE.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We sat outside and had a fantastic experience! The waitress was very friendly and helpful and the food was delicious. We would highly recommend this for anyone in the area.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I decided to escape the heat and humidity here in Charlotte and drive up to Blowing Rock for the day. We ALWAYS have a meal in this restaurant. We arrived in time for lunch and were seated promptly. Menus presented and drink order taken. Once we heard the specials for soup and quiche, we ordered. Ten minutes later, I was told they had run out of the quiche. Since it was 12:30 PM and the restaurant was not crowded, this seemed a bit odd. I ordered their bib lettuce wedge salad to go with my tomato soup. My husband had their mushroom soup and fried green tomato small plate. It took at least another ten minutes for our soup to arrive and then at least 15 minutes for the salads. Our waiter was very attentive and kept apologizing for the wait. My husband thought his mushroom soup was delicious. I have enjoyed their tomato soup many times and they have changed the recipe. This one was very different and not as good. The bib lettuce was supposed to be "local" but someone forgot to give it a good rinse. Every bite was crunchy and the Gorgonzola cheese minuscule. It was not a good salad? We ordered their peach cobbler with ice cream for desert. I have always enjoyed their baked good choices. This was heavy, gummy, too sweet and the peaches were mushy. If this had been our first experience with this restaurant.....it would be the last. Our waiter told us they have had a shake up in the kitchen, new chef and menu.....I do not think these things excuse the poor quality of our lunch. I hope they figure out their problems and get back to the basic good quality we have enjoyed over the 10 years we have eaten here.