“Beautiful garden spot to stay in quiet comfort!”
Review of Homestead Inn

Homestead Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Blowing Rock B&B and Inns
Roanoke, Virginia
“Beautiful garden spot to stay in quiet comfort!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed at a lovely place in Blowing Rock, North Carolina. This place has so much character it really is unique in its setting and decor. The gardens are beautiful and welcome you into the area. Our room was decorated in a country style that really made you feel that hometown charm. The room is compact but spacious enough and very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We chose one of the rooms with basic features for our stay but understand they offer jacuzzi and fireplace features! We feel this place is a special one that we will definitely visit again! It is such a nice and quiet spot! Located in a perfect downtown position that made all of the area shops within easy walking distance. It has the charm of a distinctive place you cannot find in the big chain hotels.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Stuart, Virginia
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I spent a weekend in July 2013 at the Homestead Inn. We loved it so much, we are taking our two sons and their families and my father next trip. The newly renovated rooms were very clean, cozy and certainly met our expectations. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the location is great -- only a couple minutes walk to Main Street, yet it is very quiet and peaceful. Their prices are very competitive and, in my opinion, the best deal in town! I would definitely recommend staying here.

Larry H.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife and I traveled to Blowing Rock July fourth weekend, we were immediately greeted by the owner, who had his son help us get our luggage to our room. We were treated like we were family, and were helped with all of our needs. The Homestead Inn is very close to town and you can walk to many restaurants and shops. My room was serviced everyday, and the owner would do call ahead seating for us at any restaurant we wanted. The price of our room was very well priced and the inn keeper gave a discount the more days that we stayed. It is a very quiet establishment with almost interruptions. We plan on going next year, and look forward to the amazing service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Good location for exploring downtown Blowing Rock , room was small but had all the necessites.
Hardwood floor a nice touch, mattresses tend to slide off the base, ceiling mounted ceiling fan too low bumped my head, ants were everywhere. Is basically a revovated motel where you drive up to your door. Parking was tight but adequate. Service was partime at best had to ring a bell to get attendant no one there to check you out on Sunday drop your keys in a basket and hope for the best. Basketball goal in parking lot try resting with someone bouncing the ball ? Weak effort at hospitality. All that for 150$ plus tax won't be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed four nights here in mid-June 2013. This motel is the very model of simplicity. If you need a lot of frills, keep going. This property met my lodging needs quite well. The room was small and cozy, but I didn't go there to spend a lot of time in the room. The room was clean. I didn't find a hair or a cobweb. The bathroom was fairly recently refurbished. The sink area left little space for spreading out toiletries, but the bathroom's window sill gave a little more space for toilet items.

Check-in was welcoming. The room's air conditioner and small cube-sized refrigerator worked well. I didn't try the TV. Parking was adequate. When I came in relatively early, I was able to park close to my room. The shops and restaurants of downtown Blowing Rock are within easy walking distance, so there's no need to drive anywhere in the downtown area unless you have some mobility concern. I did hear a dog barking a couple of times, but that is minor. If their ratings remain good and their rates remain fair, I'd like to stay there on my next trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Merritt Island, Florida
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Second time at the Homestead Inn, this time in summer. We had the cabin across the street. Large rooms, King bed, pullout queen and a full kitchen, front porch with rocking chairs. Great for a family. The location here is the best part, right in downtown. They offered help with a little laundry and have coffee/tea every morning. Very nice owners and staff. Right next door to the school with a playground and basketball hoop if needed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Schwarzwald
Reviewed June 18, 2013

After the drive up from Charlotte this was our first stay on our 3 week trip to North Carolina, the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Outer Banks. We couldn´t have chosen a nicer and friendlier place. We were made to feel very welcome, the coffee in the lounge in the morning is wonderful and it is great to sit outside on your little part of the porch to have a drink. The village itself is lovely and I would have liked to stay longer than 2 nights to unwind properly. I would definitely stay here again. Wonderfully looked after place and very cozy rooms.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple