“We love the place!”
Review of The Blowing Rock

The Blowing Rock
Reviewed April 18, 2008

Yeah, not sure why people do not like it. What's not to like? It has history and has a huge deck with the most breathtaking panoramic view of the blue ridge mountains. We have been back twice. The first time we went was our first date, the second we got engaged and the third we will be getting married. I cannot wait to see it in the fall!!

6 bucks is not much. Come on people!

3  Thank photogkristin
Write a ReviewReviews (1,008)
All reviews
"views of the mountains"
in 20 reviews
"awesome views"
in 16 reviews
"the blue ridge mountains"
in 15 reviews
in 19 reviews
"fall"
in 35 reviews

Reviewed November 2, 2007

I did not think it was worth the money. The town area of Blowing Rock is nice though. Lots of shops, etc.

1  Thank susanct
Reviewed July 3, 2007

I have to admit that I have to scratch my head at the other two reviews here. I can't really figure out why these folks missed the rock - it is large, long and very much in evidence - with adults and children climbing all over it to take photos. The real value at this site are the views of the mountains (especially Granfather Mountain) and river gorge. It is definitely worth a visit and $6 is not unreasonable - $5 for seniors and much less for children. My wife enjoyed the plants and flowers.

3  Thank yiasoutoyou
Reviewed February 22, 2007

The Blowing Rock was nice but not as large as expected. The formation and little park was not as big as we thought it was gonna be. I am happy I went but that is definately a one time only attraction.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 29, 2006

They should not charge to see this. When you read the brochures or see the web site you really think this is a big rock formation. We walked past it a couple of times looking for it before we realized that what we were walking past was the Blowing Rock. Another couple there at the same time asked us where the rock was and we said its right there and he couldn't believe he had paid $6 to see it. If your time is limited this is one attraction that can be skipped.

9  Thank txtravelbug