“Hidden Blowing Rock gem”
Review of Bistro Roca

Bistro Roca
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Roca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 48 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: One of Blowing Rock's most popular restaurants, Bistro Roca serves inventive American Bistro cuisine from Chef Seth Parker in a rustic yet elegant setting. Bistro Roca's superb staff combines efficient service with gracious hospitality and will delight you with a great selection of wines and mixed drinks from Antlers Bar
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have been going to Blowing Rock for years and I cannot believe that we have missed this hidden gem behind the park. Wonderful atmosphere, equally exceptional food, and perhaps one of the most reasonably priced wine lists I have seen in a vacation town. It is as comfortable as a set of bedroom shoes. Our family sat out on the porch with the fireplace going and it just could not of been a nicer dinner. Easy walking distance from the Sunset St. motels and Main street inns. We went with our middle school aged children but a child's menu was available. Wouldn't want to see infants there but I'm sure people have done it.

1  Thank holsie
Write a ReviewReviews (1,219)

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We recently moved to the Boone/Blowing Rock area and were told that we MUST dine at Bistro Roca. The roasted figs wrapped in prosciutto are an amazing appetizer. I had the spare-rib manicotti (the manicotti was made from thinly sliced potatoes...yum!) which was delicious. (I think it was a special though and isn't on the regular menu.) Our server was extremely well-versed on the wine list as well as all aspects of the menu. We wanted for nothing and can't wait to go back. We're very fortunate that we can visit whenever we want, and don't have to wait for a weekend trip or vacation.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Everything was delicious and the service was fantastic. They give you enough time to enjoy a full meal with your significant other without being pushy. Desert was only letdown, average at best, but I would still recommend dining here to anyone.

1  Thank Chris M
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I, along with other patrons sitting nearby, was clearly disappointed with food and service. To begin with, we were seated on side porch that we were told was very warm. It only had one set of gas logs, and if you enjoy eating with your coat on, then I guess you would like it. The service was very slow and poor, and it took almost 40 minutes to get the food. When it arrived, the meat was cold. I had to get up and go ask for a beverage refill, and then never saw waiter again until check was bought to table. One family beside us complained to the point they were given a gift card and free meal. For the price, I was expecting far better.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Ok, I will start by saying that we were fighting over the pickled grapes that were on the Pate appetizer. I had never seen that item before and it was unique and outstanding.

Everything from the service, the ambiance, and particularly the food, was well orchestrated. This restaurant is run by people who know what they are doing and who are in tune with what is happening in the foodie world.

I would definately return and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the Boone/Blowing Rock/Banner Elk area.