“Top Chef Style Restaurant in a small Mountain Village”
Review of Bistro Roca

Bistro Roca
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Roca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: One of Blowing Rock's most popular restaurants, Bistro Roca serves inventive American Bistro cuisine from Chef Seth Parker in a rustic yet elegant setting. Bistro Roca's superb staff combines efficient service with gracious hospitality and will delight you with a great selection of wines and mixed drinks from Antlers Bar
Atlanta, Georgia
“Top Chef Style Restaurant in a small Mountain Village”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Ok, I will start by saying that we were fighting over the pickled grapes that were on the Pate appetizer. I had never seen that item before and it was unique and outstanding.

Everything from the service, the ambiance, and particularly the food, was well orchestrated. This restaurant is run by people who know what they are doing and who are in tune with what is happening in the foodie world.

I would definately return and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the Boone/Blowing Rock/Banner Elk area.

• Visited January 2013

Alexandria, Virginia
“Excellent from start to finish”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I made a reservation at Bistro Roca based on its TripAdvisor recommendations, and we were thoroughly impressed from start to finish. From the roasted fig appetizer to our fish and steak entrees to the petite sirah, the food was titillating and adventurous without being too far outside our comfort zones. Our server, Danielle, was exceptional -- there when we needed her and invisible otherwise. The place has a great ambiance, with nice lighting, so you don't feel that you're in a huge place. The only drawback was the guy sitting at the table behind ours, who loudly recounted his entire legal career to his daughter and son-in-law...happily, he finally quieted down when his entree arrived.

We'd love a place like this near us in Arlington, Virginia!

Wil
“Great Bloody Marys”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Great Atmosphere! Great food! Great Bar! Known mostly to the locals. We parked in downtown Blowing Rock and walked to the restaurant for dinner. What a gem! Reservations are a MUST.

Tallahassee, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Woah.”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This place was so good that I found myself half way through dinner thinking of how to take it nationwide as the next major restaurant franchise. It's ready for prime-time and would be widely embraced by diners from the Atlantic to Pacific.

The drinks were unique and the food was delicious. I had the black & bleu steak and my girlfriend had the duck pizza. The steak was 22 ounces; I'm pretty sure they threw half a cow on my plate. It was huge and delicious! We ended up taking half of it home and enjoying it the next morning as steak and eggs. My girlfriend's duck pizza was very well-constructed and featured an array of tasty flavors.

Richmond, Virginia
“Will come back to check out Brunch!”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We'd been told this was the place to eat in Blowing Rock, so had made a point of heading there on our way out of town after a one night stay....we disappointed it was a Saturday and we were missing out on Sunday brunch, but everything we ate was delicious and we will return. The Mac and Cheese was super yummy, and service great. I had one of the flatbreads with a really light and tasty Cesar salad. Go!

Visited December 2012