“Excellent special”
Review of Bistro Roca

Bistro Roca
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Roca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 48 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: One of Blowing Rock's most popular restaurants, Bistro Roca serves inventive American Bistro cuisine from Chef Seth Parker in a rustic yet elegant setting. Bistro Roca's superb staff combines efficient service with gracious hospitality and will delight you with a great selection of wines and mixed drinks from Antlers Bar
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I had the pork tenderloin special and it was amazing. The pork was accompanied by figs, cheese, arugula,and other flavors. I was alone and sat at the bar and the service was excellent. It is one of my favorite places in Blowing Rock.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,226)

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Indoor and outdoor dining, great food and pub grub, everything's prepared from scratch with fresh ingredients. Excellent selection of alcoholic beverages and wines, good service and committed owners. A top 10 in the NC High Country!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We picked Roca after reviewing several restaurants on-line and admit we failed to make a reservation but planned a early dinner (5:15). We were spending the afternoon in the Blowing Rock area shopping and wanted to enjoy a nice meal before driving 45 minutes back to where we were staying. The food and service were ok, not great. The house wines were very nice. Service good but when asked about slight changes to meal items their was significant resistance.
What was most upsetting is we were seated on a covered porch when tables were available inside. We battled insects our entire meal and were the only table seated outside. After we finished and we were leaving we noted several tables inside that could have accommodated our party of 6. I understand that they might have been for a later reservation but we could have (and did) easily finish our meal before they were needed. It's rare that I am picky on a detail such as this but a restaurant should not place customers in a less than desirable environment just to get the business. I like the indoor atmosphere and would be ok for giving thence a second chance, my wife is a bit less forgiving.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We did a day trip to Blowing Rock, NC for part of our 1st year annivesrary weekend. My husband found this place online so we decided to try it. Boy am I glad we did! This was a great place! We were ableto sit on the deck with the windows open. Service was great. Our waitress was very friendly! The Eggplant Frites are AMAZING!!!!!! We have told all of our friends and will definintely be back now that we know where it is tucked away at!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We've been visiting this area for years and always wanted to try dinner here, after having a good experience with drinks and appetizers at the bar.

We ordered the mac & cheese as an appetizer and it ranks among the best we've tried. Very cheesy and creamy. I ordered the lobster roll, which I have to admit I enjoyed better than the one I tried in the New England area. I ordered the eggplant fries and they are AMAZING. Although, I love eggplant, if you dislike it, no worries, it doesn't taste like eggplant.

My husband's meal was incredible. He ordered the Cuban Crepe. It was crepe stuffed with pork, swiss, prosciutto and an aioli type sauce. It was amazing, and although I liked my lobster roll, the crepe was better.

My only complaint is the outdoor seating area needs help. It was a nice early evening and the temperature was perfect to sit outside, and don't get me wrong, I did enjoy it. However the low quality chairs, table and deck need to reflect the upscale interior. I feel like they attempted to make the outdoors somewhat casual, but perhaps too casual. The outdoor area works for lunch, but not dinner.

Great food and service, and we will definitely be back again.