“amazing Fig appetizer”
Review of Bistro Roca

Bistro Roca
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Roca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 48 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: One of Blowing Rock's most popular restaurants, Bistro Roca serves inventive American Bistro cuisine from Chef Seth Parker in a rustic yet elegant setting. Bistro Roca's superb staff combines efficient service with gracious hospitality and will delight you with a great selection of wines and mixed drinks from Antlers Bar
North Carolina
“amazing Fig appetizer”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

My husband and I had previously visited this restaurant last winter. I wanted to try it out again after a visit to ASU when the weather was good. I sat out on the back deck, which was nice but not spectactular in decor. The inside has much more character. The food was very good. I had a small salad (Salad De Casa) and the Fig appetizer. It was wonderful. The wine selection was very good and the waiter was very attentive but not annoying. I can't wait to go back and have the figs again!

• Visited August 2011

Leland, North Carolina
“Fantastic”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

This is an amazing restaurant, that was highly recommended to us and we were not disappointed. We ate lunch there on their outside porch. Wonderful lunch, especially hte Cuban crepes and Habiburger. We loved their menu, beer offerings and great service. The inside of the restaurant was fabulous, rustic like a great hunting lodge. The only problem we had, was we walked there from our inn in town, and had to ask directions. There was no signage in front of the restaurant or even at the end of the lane it was on....so a hidden gem but very well known in a great town!! Eat here, but make reservations, which I was able to do on Open Table, online. Delicious and different!!!!

Palm Beach, Florida
“A Blowing Rock MUST”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I love going to Bistro Roca. It is always on our list of things to do while in BR. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is great. Plan on making reservations or get there super early (or late), because it is very popular, especially on the weekends. The bar area is super cool with black and white photos of dogs enjoying cocktails at the bar. I've had dinner in the bar area and it is just as great as in the dining area. I WOULD NOT recommend sitting outside. The night that happened, I said point-blank to the hostess I didn't want to sit outside which she ignored to listen to someone else in my party. The atmosphere out there was no where near inside and made the value severely decline. But Bistro Roca is definitely the first place I tell people to check out when in BR.

2 Thank cwood1227
Raleigh, NC
“Great atmosphere, wonderful food, walking distance from downtown inns”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We usually go to the restaurants right on the main street when we are in Blowing Rock, but heard about Bistro Roca and walked down there (5 minutes). Great place- great ambience, lively, but not too crowded on a Sat night (we made ressies on Opentable though) We had a couple of drinks , the Bison burger and the Cuban Wrap, everything wonderful. We didn't try the regular entrees as we wern't that hungry that night, but they all looked yummy. Great thing is that you can choose between a burger and more expensive entree.

New York City, New York
“Amazing!!!!! A must !!! A++++++”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

intimate, casual, delicious, comfortable, incredible place to go for a dinner... It's a cherry on top of blowing rock!!!! Love it!!! Do not leave BC without going there!!!!