“Pampered”
Review of Gideon Ridge Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blowing Rock
Gideon Ridge Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Blowing Rock B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Every need for my wife's birthday weekend was attentively attended to. The staff were extremely friendly. The room was great. The inn is at a beautiful location, on a ridge, just next to the actual blowing rock. The inn is very convenient to the town of Blowing Rock. The restaurant is outstanding in every way and the wait staff have been very rigorously trained.

Room Tip: The carriage room was nice and large.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I've wanted to see snow for 10 or more years and I gt it. old outside on o the 4 days we were there and I loved it. The other days were blue and pretty but I wanted this more than the blues day, we get that all the time here in Orlando. Our neighbor acrss the street goes to Blowing Rock a lot and never heardof this place but they are staying there their next trip. The room was great with a view of Grandfather Mtn. We stayed in and relaxed that day and read by the cozy fireplace in our room nd the one in the main gathering room. I particulaly liked the fact that the inn keeper ived next door so you really felt like it was you home away from home, I loved that. Best Inn or B&B I've ever staed at and I've stayed at many nice ones. We will go back next fall when the leaes turn and it gets cold. Breakfast was great.

Room Tip: We loved the blue room which actually is green. The room is actually igger than it looks, very nice...
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed for two nights in The Old Master room. The inn was beautiful, the staff was helpful and attentive and the location was gorgeous. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Pictures don't do it justice! What a great place... and great food... and a great staff! The main house was booked, so we took the Cedar Cottage.. and I'm so glad we did! The distance from the house was just perfect for us. The staff were so accommodating... offering to bring us breakfast in bed so that we didn't have to walk up to the house. The room was quiet and comfortable, fully stocked with anything we wanted... and the views from this place are amazing! Definitely coming back again soon!

Room Tip: The cottage was very private... felt like we rented a separate house!
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here twice for a long weekend. Blowing Rock is one of our favorite locations for a mountain getaway - just two hours away from our home. The Inn is located just outside of town - easy access to shops and restaurants, but up a hill without feeling right "in town". The Gideon Ridge Inn is perfectly quiet and welcoming. The house has a rich history, with lots of character. Grab a room with a fireplace if you can. The staff is friendly and helpful - and always available for your every need without being obtrusive. During our most recent stay, we spent several hours curled up with our books on the beautiful open porch with perfect mountain views enjoying hot tea and fresh tea sandwiches. I would not feel comfortable bringing my younger kids here - it's pretty quiet and a place to enjoy a romantic weekend, or an adult getaway with friends. The breakfast is spectacular - hot and cooked to order from a creative menu. Be sure to make a reservation if you want to stay for dinner as they do tend to book up. Gideon Ridge is our 1st choice when going to Blowing Rock for a getaway...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I spent a long weekend in the Cedar Cottage. It's removed from the main building but still enjoys all the same amenities -- perhaps even more. The cottage is romantic and peaceful. The staff are wonderful and were willing to go above and beyond to ensure that our stay was fantastic.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My daughter and I have visited the lodge twice for a weekend getaway. The staff at the lodge is wonderful and go above and beyond to make sure your needs are attended to during your stay. On our first visit we were the only guests when we arrived, so we were able to tour all of the rooms at the inn. My daughter's favorite is the Victorian Room. It is one of the smaller rooms, but is very inviting and cozy. Each room has a personal touch and the small details like the nightly treats that are left by the staff, the turn down service for the bed and the thick robes in the room are a nice touch. We thoroughly enjoyed the tea time infront of the fire place and the staff went out of their way to find a tea that my daughter would enjoy. Breakfast is nice. The first visit we had pancakes with fresh blue berries, bacon and eggs. Our second visit, the options were not as exciting, but still good. We also ate at the Inn one evening and the food was excellent. Since it was not busy, the Chef came out to talk with my daughter to make sure he could accomodate her request and even allowed her to watch him make one of his specialty dishes. I would definately recommend this as a nice, relaxing getaway. We will definately be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family