The Village Inns of Blowing Rock: Hillwinds Inn
Meadowbrook Inn(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
$108
$99
Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
$119
$115
Cliff Dwellers Inn(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
$139
The Green Park Inn(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
$111
Blowing Rock Inn and Villas(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
$99
Boxwood Lodge(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
$89
Hemlock Inn(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
$89
Chetola Resort at Blowing Rock(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
$224
$217
All reviewscontinental breakfastrocking chairsmain stwithin walking distancesunset drivegreat location in downtownbagelswine hourcozy hotelsocial hourshort staytwo blockshuge bathroomprivate entrancefull kitchenthis past weekendmotor lodge
Reviewed February 14, 2010

We stayed at the Hillwinds for one night, we took our small dog there too. It was quite small but adequate for 2 adults and 2 children. The guy on reception was very informative with regards to Appalachian Ski resort. The breakfast was nice. The only downside was the walls are vey thin and you can here the next room. All being said we had a great time and the Grille next door was lovely.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank DMomCharlotte_NC
VillageInnsManager, General Manager at The Village Inns of Blowing Rock: Hillwinds Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2010

We value all feedback from our guests and appreciate even not so positive comments, as it helps us to better enhance our product and service offering. I would encourage anyone reading this comment that has never experienced our property first hand (recently or in the past, before it was remodeled) to more heavily weight the overwhelmingly positive comments posted about the Hillwinds Inn. The other positive comments accurately depict a normal experience at our inn, whereas, this negative experience is definitely an exception, and not the rule. We are proud to be one of the only inns in town that welcome pets, as they are members of the family too. We have designate a portion of our rooms as pet friendly, and the other half of the property does not accept pets. Most of our guests are shocked to find that we are even pet friendly, because it is very difficult to detect there are even pets around. We do have very high standards for a pet friendly property, and there are certain rules that those guests traveling with pets must adhere to, such as cleaning up and keeping the noise level down. The rooms have been completely remodeled within the past five years, which has greatly enhanced the aesthetics, as well as the mechanics of this property. However, while the condition of the tub is most definitely unfortunate and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, we appreciate being made aware of issues such as this during the time the guest checks into the room, so that we may make arrangements to upgrade them, to accommodate for a situation like this.

Reviewed January 4, 2010

I booked the Davidson Suite just a few days before going out there. We run a B&B in VA and had a last minute chance to get away. All I wanted was a place in the Mountains that offered a jetted tub, Fireplace, Good king size mattress and a large flat screen tv. We got all that and more with the Davidson Suite at Hillwinds Inn. The private drive way and the whole kitchen with wine cooler just made it perfect. The price was good / fair. The only thing that went wrong, not the facility fault at all, was that we had an ice storm hours after we arrived and we lost power for about 6 hours. It was starting to get kinda cold but the power came back on in the nick of time. It just made for an eventful Christmas day. I am looking forward to going back again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2010

We stayed at the Hillwinds Inn during Christmas this year. There was an ice storm that came thru on Christmas Day. We lost power, but were told we could not stay in the main lobby where there was the only source of heat (fireplace). We had no heat or power in our rooms. We were told we could leave but those options could have put us in harm's way so we stayed. Absolutely no accommodations were given to us. I don't understand why they insisted on denying us access to where there was heat - that came from the employee and the supervisor. We entrusted them in our credit cards and they knew who we all were; we did not get the trust in return. I would like to have the owners explain that to me. I think that is a lousy way to treat your customers and I am sure there were laws violated. We were lucky that the power came back on in the afternoon. The hotel itself and the accommodations were nice - it was located in the historic area which was really convenient and also that it was pet friendly. Before I could recommend this hotel I would like feedback from the hotel.

Joyce Smith

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2009

My boyfriend and I had planned to run a race in Valle Crucis, NC and then stay in at the Hillwinds Inn in Blowing Rock, NC post-race. Upon our arrival at the hotel, I was told by the front desk clerk that there was no record of my reservation (other than the printed confirmation I had placed in front of her). I had booked through Travelocity, who apparently failed to send the booking confirmation to the Hillwinds Inn. The Inn had no vacancies, nor did their sister hotels, so they would do nothing to help other than to recommend that I call Travelocity.

I realize that my main beef is with Travelocity, and have taken that up with them separately. But when the desk clerk at Hillwinds mentioned that they had numerous occasions where Travelocity had failed to send booking confirmations, that's when I became angry with the hotel. If they were having such issues with this, they should have severed their relationship with Travelocity and my situation would never have occurred. Or they should be willing to do whatever they need to in order to resolve the situation (meaning book me another room at their expense). THAT would be good business. Based on how they handled this situation, I will never book at Hillwinds again. So, if you're thinking of booking Hillwinds through Travelocity, don't... because you'll be SOL if Travelocity screws up.

Stayed: September 2009
Manager1978, Manager at The Village Inns of Blowing Rock: Hillwinds Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2009

I am very sorry this guest experienced these issues during their trip to Blowing Rock. Unfortunately these occurrences do happen but are rare. We do all we can to be certain that our guests are satisfied with their accommodations and are secured in the rooms they have reserved through all sites. Please accept my apologies for this error and know that we do not find this acceptable either. Please come back to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2009

Very comfortable room...water pressure in shower was super....like a massage. Amazing large suites available for a small motel....something for everyone.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate hearing the experiences of our guests. Please come back to visit us sometime in the near future!