“Impressed with level of customer service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ridgeway Inn

Ridgeway Inn
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Blowing Rock
“Impressed with level of customer service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Checked into the Inn for a birthday trip with my family. Cute place within walking distance to historical downtown and all the neat shops and restaurants (not to mention affordable too). The two young girls that were working the front desk upon our arrival were friendly and helped with questions about where to eat and what was worth seeing in the area.

Unfortunately my son got sick the night of our arrival and we ended up having to leave a day early. We had birthday plans including white water rafting which we ended up not being able to do. I booked the Inn through a third party and was outside of the cancellation policy, but went to the front desk (this time a nice young man) was working and explained to him that my son was sick. He was very accommodating and said he'd be happy to let us check out a day early and to refund our pre-paid night and even offered to speak to the third party booking agency. Now this is GREAT customer service. Thank you so much this consideration; its times like this that make me value people in the customer service field (the job is not often easy) and makes me want to come back and stay at the Ridgeway Inn again!! I can't say the same of the White Water Rafting company who refused to refund any of our $300 that we pre-paid for. So the birthday trip was bust, but at least we got to see gorgeous Blowing Rock and at least we did not have to pay for a room which we could not stay in.

We will most definitely stay at the Ridgeway Inn again!

Room Tip: We stayed in a double room. Bathrooms and room were nice, clean and comfy. On the first floor ther...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

This little motel has it all - almost. Great, super helpful staff. Comfy, quiet rooms with fridge and microwave. Pleasant amenities on-site (rockers, tables, and swings). EXCELLENT location for access to downtown Blowing Rock. Here's the caveat: the motel breakfast offerings are an afterthought at best. Cereal, toast, bagels, muffins. Prewrapped cinnamon buns and pre-fabbed sausage/egg crumble biscuits. Yogurt if they're not out. No bananas, no melons, no "real" (unpreservative laden) protein. If this little motel could up their breakfast they really would have it all. PS if you are looking for a good cup of coffee try the coffee shop above the sporting goods store at the intersection a short walk away.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank green_chile_warrior
Gilbert, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

The Ridgeway Inn is located near all the unique shops and restaurants at Blowing Rock, North
Carolina. The Inn has been there many years, but with renovations the rooms are exceptionally nice and clean. The beds are so comfortable ( Had no problem sleeping) The only problem
was 3 women and one small mirror above the sink with no counter top. This made it
challenging. A suggestion in this case would take a couple make-up mirrors; however it was
worth it for the atmosphere and location. The continental breakfast was great. And
we also participated in the afternoon wine & cheese tasting. In all, it was a wonderful
week-end and the staff definitely made us feel welcome. Yes, hopefully I will be there
again soon.

Room Tip: I cannot advise because both times I have been very satisfied and although I had a different room...
1 Thank Margaret B
Seymour, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

What a nice "getaway" place. If you love the Blue Ridge Parkway this is a perfect place to stay. The Ridgeway Inn is right downtown Blowing Rock. Minutes from the Parkway. Once parked you can walk to everything. Nice comfortable beds and tastefully done. I agree, there was a little "road noise"….request a room towards the back of the parking area. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jeanne L
Winston Salem, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

I don't need a lot in a hotel room; comfortable bed, clean bathrooms, a tv for late night viewing. It is noted that Ridgeway Inn is the first inn in Blowing Rock. It has obviously undergone some renovation and updating... but. There is a big "but" here for me. But, Ridgeway Inn did not give the value I expected. With tax, our one night was just over $164 and it was just not worth it to me. At half that, I would have still cringed. Other than the location (which was absolutely optimal, in the heart of downtown Blowing Rock and an easy walk to tons of shopping, art and restaurants), this was nothing more than an average room. The beds were very comfortable and the lamps were pretty but certainly not worth the money paid. Perhaps this hotel is better suited for the retired traveler that has money to spend and is used to paying a lot more in their travels. For this family weekend getaway, I wish I had spent less money somewhere else.

One more thing; I saw in the pics someone posted pics of a power strip. We had two power strips in our room, one with the window a/c, frig, microwave and coffee maker plugged. The other had the tv and lamps plugged. I know everyone has power strips, but they can be a fire hazard if overloaded and i was very surprised to see them in a hotel. They should have rewired when renovating; this looks like their permanent solution and that's just not acceptable for a hotel that's charging top rate fees.

The grounds were pretty and there is lots of outdoor seating. We went on a rainy, foggy weekend but I'm sure the bistro tables, benches, and porch swings get lots of use on a balmy summer eve.

The girl at the desk was friendly and again, the location was absolutely the best in town. Just not worth the money spent.

3 Thank Jessica T
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

We found this motel to be comfortable and conveniently located in downtown Blowing Rock. It was old, but fit the mountain aesthetic. Our beds were quite comfortable with nice thick comforters and lots of pillows. This place was a pretty fair price for its location.

We did however have a little problem with our room that I think would not extend to all of them. We were in room 101 right on the corner. We were excited to be so close to Mellow Mushroom as that was where we planned to have dinner. The closeness to the road and the Mellow Mushroom however turned out to be not-so-great when the restaurant apparently had deliveries at both 3:30 AND 6:30 in the morning. I'm sorry for whatever poor souls were actually working those deliveries at 3:30 in the morning, but I was also annoyed at the loud sounds coming into our room as a result.

In the morning, the breakfast was nice. I was impressed with how many options they fit into such a small space! We were planning on a long hike that day, so we were glad to be able to have a nice, big breakfast to start the day. I had cereal, hard-boiled eggs, french toast (cold, but still delicious--I think it was made with cinnamon bread!) and an apple.

I would stay at this hotel again in the future, but I would request a room farther away from the road.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road
1 Thank Chelsea B
Kure Beach, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

The location is excellent - right by the park, shops and restaurants.
The inn is very clean and the staff friendly & accomodating. The brochure, although technically accurate, may lead you to believe it is something more than a converted motel. The rooms are adequate size for two, but there are some quirks like a tiny window AC which wasn't enough, a small mwave atop the tiny fridge stuck in half the open closet & it's definitely dated.
All that being said, I would definitelt stay there again because it works for two people, has a great location & I don't need amenities.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends