“The WORST BBQ I have ever eaten.”

Woodlands Barbeque Restaurant & Catering Service
Ranked #12 of 48 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Cuisines: Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Located just minutes South of the Blue Ridge Parkway on Highway 321 Bypass in Blowing Rock, NC, Woodlands Barbeque Restaurant specializes in North Carolina Barbeque Pork and Ribs, great food, nightly entertainment and catering. Our Restaurant’s Menu features barbeque beef, pork, chicken and ribs plus home style Mexican food. Family oriented with a rustic atmosphere. We cater to bus tours. Dine In - Take out - Catering Service Woodlands Barbeque Restaurant is one of North Carolina’s best Barbeque Restaurants. Our Menu features barbecue beef, pork, chicken and ribs. Home style Mexican food. Plus large selection of everyone’s favorite appetizers, sandwiches and desserts. Live nightly entertainment. Dine and listen to some of the best local musicians. Bar Lounge has all ABC permits and a wide screen TV. Our Catering specializes in Barbecue and Pig-Pickin’s for parties large and small. The catering staff arrives with your main course still smoking over hot hickory coals. Then your pork is chopped just minutes before serving it to your guests along with all the fixin’s.
Tampa, FL
“The WORST BBQ I have ever eaten.”
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Terrible, pathetically small baby back ribs, the worst Collard Greens I have ever had, and store bought slaw and baked beans. Had to ask the waitress to ask the kitchen staff to turn down the music they were blasting. Waitress gave good service, however. Don't waste your money here!

Tampa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Go somewhere else!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Had half rack baby back ribs with corn, beans, BBQ slaw and mild cornbread. Best part was the cornbread. Half rack must have come from a newborn piglet. Corn was like rubber. Will never eat here again - find a different BBQ place.

1 Thank Macattacks1
Roanoke, Virginia
“Absolutely great BBQ and wings and sweet tea, but you can skip the side dishes.....”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My husband, 2 yr. old son and I had a nice meal here. The 'meats' were spectacular -- the BBQ beef and pork were great, and their wings were SPECTACULAR, as was the sweet tea. But roll the dice and randomly pick a side dish, because you have a 50/50 chance of getting a good side dish. The fried okra was great, the french fries were average, and the BBQ cole slaw and green beans were just horrible. I'm certain the green beans were straight out of a can -- yuck. Service was above average and our waitress was very friendly.

Hudson, NC
“We eat here regularly”
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

We visit from hickory on a regular visit to eat here. They have great food and the service is great. Live music is a plus and the prices are fair.

Boone, NC
“Best BBQ around! Prices can't be beat.”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Yes, I'm a local. But I don't eat here because it's the "local go-to restaurant." The food is great! Pulled pork BBQ plate is the best. You get 3 sides with the BBQ for around $8. Only 2 kinds of BBQ sauce though, but the ketchup base sauce is amazing! It's hands-down one of my favorite restaurants in all of Boone/Blowing Rock. My family and I went here for my college graduation. Service has always been good. Expect it to be crowded most nights, especially on Sundays all day and big events in town. But honestly we've never had to wait very long. Food comes out quick so customers eat and leave. Only thing I don't care for here is the picnic style tables and benches. They're not very comfortable to sit on. But it's something I can get over quick with their food!

Oh, and their sweet tea is amazing! I easily go through 3-4 glasses in a single visit (in addition to a to-go cup). Try their banana pudding too! It's a big portion so make sure to share.