“A little taste of Southern”

Woodlands Barbeque Restaurant & Catering Service
Ranked #7 of 48 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Cuisines: Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Located just minutes South of the Blue Ridge Parkway on Highway 321 Bypass in Blowing Rock, NC, Woodlands Barbeque Restaurant specializes in North Carolina Barbeque Pork and Ribs, great food, nightly entertainment and catering. Our Restaurant’s Menu features barbeque beef, pork, chicken and ribs plus home style Mexican food. Family oriented with a rustic atmosphere. We cater to bus tours. Dine In - Take out - Catering Service Woodlands Barbeque Restaurant is one of North Carolina’s best Barbeque Restaurants. Our Menu features barbecue beef, pork, chicken and ribs. Home style Mexican food. Plus large selection of everyone’s favorite appetizers, sandwiches and desserts. Live nightly entertainment. Dine and listen to some of the best local musicians. Bar Lounge has all ABC permits and a wide screen TV. Our Catering specializes in Barbecue and Pig-Pickin’s for parties large and small. The catering staff arrives with your main course still smoking over hot hickory coals. Then your pork is chopped just minutes before serving it to your guests along with all the fixin’s.
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We just got back from a long Memorial Day weekend and I had to write about Woodlands. Our family actually met at this restaurant before we went shopping and had lunch. If you have never tried North Carolina barbecue, you must try Woodlands. This place is for families and friends. The barbecue has a touch of smoky flavor and the sauces are outstanding. They have the best southern sweet tea, coldest beer and nice people to serve you. We like the chopped barbecue, fried okra, baked beans and the sweet corn!!! The hamburgers are pretty good also. This is a place where the locals go folks; you can't go wrong. In North Carolina, you drive up the mountain to get to Blowing Rock and this great restaurant. Take a day trip and head out to Woodlands restaurant.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

This was close to the motel and had a live musician. That's how we picked it. Food was marginal, though there were a lot of locals coming in for take out, so Someone liked it. Prices were low. Little kids were dancing in the aisles. If you want something with a local flavor and don't care so much about the food this is the place for you.

2  Thank NebSenior
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

A good friend of mine raved about this place to me so I decided to pay him a visit and let him take me there. He did not stear me wrong when he described this food. The brisket and pork were tender, flavorful with enough smokiness to just give it ths added taste it needed. The babyback ribs were unbelievable!!!! There not much more I can say about them except that they are a must have. This place has it going on when it comes to barbecue.

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Had a great lunch. I had beef brisket and my husband had the lunch special catfish sandwich. We go there on a lot of our visits. Lot of locals eat there so that says a lot.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I have been traveling here for several years and make a point of stopping in for some 'que. Fine atmosphere, family friendly, inexpensive beers, large portions are what to expect. I had 3 children, wife, and mother-in-law with me - we ate a large combo platter and everyone left full.