“Best BBQ in the Boone/Blowing Rock Area”

Woodlands Barbeque Restaurant & Catering Service
Ranked #12 of 48 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Cuisines: Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Located just minutes South of the Blue Ridge Parkway on Highway 321 Bypass in Blowing Rock, NC, Woodlands Barbeque Restaurant specializes in North Carolina Barbeque Pork and Ribs, great food, nightly entertainment and catering. Our Restaurant’s Menu features barbeque beef, pork, chicken and ribs plus home style Mexican food. Family oriented with a rustic atmosphere. We cater to bus tours. Dine In - Take out - Catering Service Woodlands Barbeque Restaurant is one of North Carolina’s best Barbeque Restaurants. Our Menu features barbecue beef, pork, chicken and ribs. Home style Mexican food. Plus large selection of everyone’s favorite appetizers, sandwiches and desserts. Live nightly entertainment. Dine and listen to some of the best local musicians. Bar Lounge has all ABC permits and a wide screen TV. Our Catering specializes in Barbecue and Pig-Pickin’s for parties large and small. The catering staff arrives with your main course still smoking over hot hickory coals. Then your pork is chopped just minutes before serving it to your guests along with all the fixin’s.
“Best BBQ in the Boone/Blowing Rock Area”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We have been enjoying Woodlands barbecue for the past five years. Their meat has an awesome smoked flavor that you cannot find just anywhere. Every time we had eaten their food their meat was moist and tender. They have a great menu selection, and something for the whole family. On my last visit to the Woodland's BBQ Restaurant, the food was amazing as always but the service was unfriendly, worn and tired. The gentleman at the register helped us with making our order to go. He was friendly and helpful when placing the order. As I waited in the bar area for my food, we sat there for about 25 minutes. The lady attending the bar brought our food and gave it to us. She forgot to get our drinks, so I asked her where they were at? Without giving a response to me, she just turned and walked away. She wasn't happy that she had to get them as well. She brought them back to us, and again, never said a word, just leaving them in our hands. Perhaps she was having an "off" day. One thing you can bank on, they have great barbecue food! I have had no bad experiences ever with the food.

1 Thank Jimmy C

Walnut Cove, North Carolina, United States
“Always Great”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have eaten at Woodlands since 1982, maybe 1981. It is always good food good service and good atmosphere. Nothing fancy just great smokey Barbecue and good sides. Always try to hit it when in the area.

• Visited July 2013
“The bathroom was filthy and they had just opened for the day.”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I hate to say it but this was a horrible dining experience; I wouldn't. return here even if you paid me. I could have gotten better quality food out of a can. I am a definate foodie and love barbecue done right. I feel that most food needs to be made from scratch with fresh ingrediants, anything less is a waste of time and unacceptable.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank hottcatt
Charlotte, NC
“We never miss it!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stop here anytime we are in the Blowing Rock/Boone area. It's fantastic barbecue, great sauces, and hushpuppies. My husband is a fan of the white slaw. I favor the red slaw. Service is excellent - our drinks never get empty and a to-go cup is always provided. The ribs are a pleasant surprise as well. On our most recent visit, we had the children with us, and they give it two thumbs up as well, for the non-BBQ offerings - burgers, chicken fingers and hot dogs are apparently all well worth the trip in their opinion.

Orlando, Florida
“great lunch”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We had a fantastic lunch here! Quick and friendly service; we were tourists and this place treated us the nicest out of everywhere we went. I loved the BBQ. It wasn't trying to be serious or fancy. It was just great BBQ. Delicious sweet tea and they offered us (without us asking) to refill our drinks in to-go cups! I was so happy to take that tea with me. Kept me happy all afternoon while we were sightseeing.

• Visited May 2013