“Great restaurant!”
Review of Twigs

Twigs
Reserve with OpenTable
Twigs is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 48 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2011

My husband and I ate here on our one evening in Blowing Rock, NC while cycling the Blue Ridge Parkway, upon the recommendation of a friend. We were not disappointed. The menu was terrific and the food well-prepared. I have food allergies, and they were incredibly accommodating (something difficult to find at times). After cycling 70 miles, I ate a great deal, and loved every bite! Our server was attentive and energetic. Our only complaint was the wine list, which indicated wines they did not actually have, including dessert wines. We would recommend this restaurant for the service and food, which was excellent.

There are newer reviews for Twigs

Reviewed September 1, 2011

We really enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. We'll definitely return.

Reviewed August 19, 2011

For 5 years we have been going to Boone, (son at App State), visiting Blowing Rock also and we did not know what we were missing! The atmosphere, food, service was absolutely wonderful. I've already told everyone that when we go to Boone, we will have to go to Twigs! My new favorite place to eat! I wish we lived closer.... Delish!

Reviewed June 28, 2011

My of my wife's favorite restaurants in Blowing Rock. Great Service always a nice atmosphere.

Reviewed April 25, 2011

A visit to Blowing Rock/Boone is not complete without a trip to Twigs for dinner. It's on 321 near the Tanger Outlets and not far from the main drag. It's got a nouveau-mountain feel, looking like a cottage from the outside. They've added a little alfresco area outside with strung-up lights and plants. Inside, it's got low ceilings and looks very much like a house was turned into a restaurant. It's rustic in a good way, with cool bark cornices and vinework around the windows.

The bar is great--they have a large selection and a full menu that's a little different from the main menu in the dining room next door. The bar does live music fairly often starting around 9pm and can get raucous.

The dining room probably has about 15 tables and can be very active, but not so loud that you can't hear your tablemates. The food here is just terrific, with a great variety of meat, fowl, game, and seafood. I'm very partial to the appetizer of peach-barbecued duck tenders with goat cheese. But the apricot-brandy marinated grilled shrimp are great, too. This past weekend, they had an appetizer special of calamari with a light cornmeal breading served with chipotle mayonnaise--heaven! Main courses are also creative and uniformly good, though to be honest I generally order one of the nightly specials which are usually distinctive. I've had ostrich fillet, cioppino, roasted red snapper, etc. etc. etc. and always loved them. I've been here upwards of 15 times and no one at my table has ever been served anything that was less than very good.

The wine list is pretty extensive and very reasonably-priced (Chateau Ste. Michelle Riesling for $18 for example). The servers tend to be students from nearby Appalachian State, but despite the high turnover that kind of arrangement leads to, they are unfailingly pleasant and knowledgeable.

The only real negative I can think of about this place is that the bathrooms are far too small for the amount of business they get, at least on weekends.

If you're going to Blowing Rock, this place should be on your to-do list.