“One of the best around”

Dining options: Reservations
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
“One of the best around”
Reviewed September 1, 2014

I will say this particular Outback is one of the better Outback's in proximity to our home. We will always choose it over the one in Winston or Hickory hands down. Out last visit was the past weekend, we were a party of 8. We were attended to quickly, other wait staff assisted when we had a spill at our table, our food was delicious and came out very timely, overall a great experience. I'm totally unsure how some of the prior negative reviews could even be written about this location - when in Blowing Rock and wanting a great meal - this is a must stop location.

• Visited August 2014

Asheville, North Carolina
“Outback is usually good but avoid this one...”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We have always enjoyed Outback and find that it is a chain that generally has good and reliable food. However, the Outback in Blowing Rock is inconsistent at best. After a day on the trail, we wanted a good meal. We both ordered the crispy lobster tacos which comes normally with fries. Our tacos arrived at the table and we were told the fries would be out later. Okay, no problem, we said. But the tacos were absolutely tasteless with no flavor at all. My judgement at they time was that where a non-event. We finished the tacos and waited probably another 10 minutes for our fries to arrive. Annoying but things go wrong so still not a biggie. Then we ordered a chocolate Thunder from Down Under which is supposed to be a slab of brownie with a scoop of ice cream and some fudge sauce. Ours was a scoop of ice cream in a plate with some brownie crumbles around the perimeter. Not good.

I dont think we will go back. We have been disappointed at this place before so too many strikes. We will stick to Bandanas or the Hob Nob for a far better value and food,

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank TOnTheRoad2012
Sandusky, OH
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy!”
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Very good food, timely service, & Kim was awesome!!!! She brought plenty of bread, sauces, lemons, and kept our drinks filled - great service by her!

Morrisville, North Carolina
“Extremely average, salads expensive”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stopped here for a early dinner/late lunch one day and we both ordered salads. My wife had an Asian type salad which tasted alright but seemed to be a small portion for what we paid. Also, the coconut shrimp were too heavily breaded and were almost burnt on the outside. I ordered a Cobb salad which was mostly lettuce with about 12-15 cherry tomato halves encircling the lettuce. There was a lot of cheese on the salad though but I would have liked to have seen some other vegetables in the salad. It really felt like I was eating lettuce with a lot of cheese on top. The chicken on top was moist and prepared well. The iced tea was good here as well. Normally, I have always enjoyed eating at Outback but this experience was not better than average.

Visited May 2014
Millers Creek, North Carolina
“Great service, great food.”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I ate here the same weekend as graduation at Appalachian State University. I was afraid we wouldn't get a seat or the wait would be long. We were seated as soon as we walked in, our waitress was nice, food and service was great. We will certainly be going back! I highly recommend.

• Visited April 2014