“Worst meal on our trip.”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #27 of 48 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2012

After a long day of travelling we decided to try this restaurant. It was terrible. We ordered steak and when it came it was raw. Our server didn't come back to see how we were doing so my husband had to find someone which didn't come for another 15 minutes to take the steak back to be cooked properly. Ended up eating our salad and potatoe and our steak separate after waiting another 30 minutes for it to be brought back to the table. Gave us free coupon for an entree on our next visit but we will never go back so left them.

There are newer reviews for Outback Steakhouse

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Every so often, we like a good steak after hiking all day along the Blue Ridge Parkway! The Outback in Blowing Rock has been a good spot to relax after a hike. Why does green salad taste better on a chilled plate? And why don't other restaurants chill their plates? I don' know the answer but our 6 oz. filet was cooked perfectly along with side of "dressed baked sweet potato. I suggest calling ahead for advanced seating preferences, as it is a popular dinner spot especially on the weekend.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

My wife and I ate here for our second anniversary. We were cordially greeted by the host as soon as we walk through the first door. We were told that our server would be Naadia and we were immediately seated. She came to our table very quickly and took our drink order. My wife and I both had ice water with lemon. The water tasted good. We also started out with an appetizer of coconut shrimp. They were very hot and fresh. The shrimp were also very big. Even bigger than the shrimp at the outback in our hometown. We were brought a loaf of bread and as soon as we finished the first one, Naadia asked if we needed another one and we accepted the offer. Our dinners came out very quickly. I had the 12 oz sirloin with crabcakes, a loaded baked potato, and a salad. My wife had a 6 oz Victoria's filet with a loaded baked potato and salad. Both of us enjoyed our meals greatly and had to go boxes full to go. Now, the part of the service that could be better...We were only halfway done eating when our server brought out the check and said, "no rush, but i'll take this (the check) whenever you're ready. A message to our server: We wanted dessert but after you basically rushed us out, we did not buy dessert there and your tip, which was still good, would have been about double what you got. Ok we still had large portions of food on our plate....It was nowhere near closing time. The restaurant wasn't busy but there were several other tables with people at, and we weren't there that long. The manager, never saw his name, but he was a thin black male, wearing khakis and a dress shirt, could have done a much better job. He sat at the table behind us for the entire time we were there talking to two girls. Helpful advise to you...If you would like your restaurant to be busier...just take a minute to walk around and ask guests how their meals are. I would eat here again but I wouldn't expect anything different.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

This fantastic chain restaurant did not dissapoint , from the moment we entered, the staff where curtious, friendly and efficiant . The food was excellent, steaks cooked to perfection. Well done Outback particullarly as it was a special occasion

Reviewed April 6, 2012

I have been at this Outback several times and parking every single time has been stressful.

Good luck finding a parking space!

Otherwise, it is an average Outback. Nothing special.