“Birthday dinner”

The New Public House
Reserve with OpenTable
The New Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 48 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hill St.
Description: Big Flavors - Casual Dining. The New Public House restaurant offers reasonably priced, delicious favorites in a relaxed, comfortable, and exciting environment. The New food concept was created by-renowned chef Michael Foreman. He supports local purveyors, regional flavors and offers a "NC farm to table" experience. The restaurant's bar is available for meeting friends and enjoying a drink or a meal in more casual setting. Offerings include our small plates specialties, as well as local NC beers; great wines by the glass and exotic, specialty cocktails by our own mixologist
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Birthday dinner”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We went for my daughters eighteenth birthday. We sat outside on the front lawn. The service was a little slow but we were not in a big hurry so it was fine. We did make a reservation and we were glad we did. We arrived at 6:30 and there were no tables to be had without a reservation. We all ordered something deferent. My daughter had the rosemary chicken. The only complaint she had was, the potatoes were a little under done but enjoyed the meal. My wife had the pork tenderloin and she thought it was a little under done, closer to rare than mid rare but enjoyed her meal. I hade the special, the strip steak. It came over tater tots and came with a cream sauce. The cook was right but at was barely warm. I like my steak hot but do know now chefs think meat needs a ten minute rest. I believe five is closer to what it needs. I had the Left Hand Brown beer and wife and daughter had water. We wanted dessert but waiter took to long to return so we had to leave for a party in Boone. We will be back.

1 Thank Travelman360

Boone NC
“Good food in a comfortable setting”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I've been to this restaurant 3 times over the past year. Each time I've been with friends and no one has ever had a bad meal. I recommend the shrimp and grits. I know it's a southern staple and can be lackluster but this version is good enough to go back for. The wine selection is very nice and reasonably priced. Service has always been attentive and knowledgeable. I only wish they were open at lunch. I haven't been for breakfast and would be interested in reviews on that.

Concord, North Carolina
“Great location”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We were there at 5:30 with only 6 people inside eating and 4 people outside. So when the host asked if we had reservation we did kind of laugh. There were 12 other people there before we left. We almost did not stay but we did. The fried boiled peanuts were great. I had the filet which I enjoyed and the service was great. They should try to not make it seem so uptight and I think it could be more fun. But the food was good and the service again was great.

Visited August 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Best food and wine in town !”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Great quality, flavors and sensibly priced good quality wines, not cheap wine dressed up to be special,

Visited August 2014
Clemmons, North Carolina
“Really Good”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Our first time there and would go back again. Wife had Shrimp and Grits, and I had Beef Tenderloin. Both excellent and in fact mine was probably the best cut and prepared that I have ever had. Staff very attentive. Casually mentioned that we were celebrating anniversary and when we ordered desert, they did not charge us. Very nice atmosphere. With glasses of wine, our final bill was $62.50 without tip! But will mention that they do not serve bread prior to meal which was fine with us. There is a choice of appertizers though. Also, do wish they had a side choice of salads to serve with meal. We get to Blowing Rock often and will definitely go again.
We did make a reservation because it was a Friday night.