“Ate like a King for the price of a pauper!”

The New Public House
Reserve with OpenTable
The New Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 48 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hill St.
Description: Big Flavors - Casual Dining. The New Public House restaurant offers reasonably priced, delicious favorites in a relaxed, comfortable, and exciting environment. The New food concept was created by-renowned chef Michael Foreman. He supports local purveyors, regional flavors and offers a "NC farm to table" experience. The restaurant's bar is available for meeting friends and enjoying a drink or a meal in more casual setting. Offerings include our small plates specialties, as well as local NC beers; great wines by the glass and exotic, specialty cocktails by our own mixologist
Holly Springs, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ate like a King for the price of a pauper!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

My wife and I tried the bacon peanut brittle, wings, house pickle platter, fried jalapenos, Caesar salad, wild boar meatloaf, NC trout, sweet biscuit with buttermilk ice cream, three NC beers, the Sangria, and coffees. Our bill was $110. It was all amazing and the service was fantastic. The décor was modern yet inviting and the other diners next to us were chatting us up as if we had known them for years. The "mountain" community spirit is alive and well here. I will be back. I am a chef and I normally do not like everything when I go out, but this was an exception. I loved it all and I cannot wait to go back.

We had breakfast here the next morning, which was included in the price of our room, and that was amazing too. The eggs benedict and that bacon......I dream of them!

• Visited August 2014

Tampa, Florida
“Awesome Breakfast !”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Best Grits you will ever eat- so creamy and flavorful . Great value for the quality of food. I will try this place for dinner next time we are in the BR area.

“Deeeelish!!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Ate at the new public house last night with some friends. Had not eaten here since it was Crippens. Decor is fabulous. Very restoration hardware.
Food and service was outstanding. Everyone loved their meal.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Mollynorthern
North Carolina
“Great addition to the Blowing Rock restaurant scene”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

There are lots of nice restaurants in Blowing Rock, but we decided to give this one a try for a change and were pleased we did

We had booked a table in the dining room, but decided to eat at the front of the property as our table wasn't ready when we arrived, and the dining room seemed extremely noisy. Décor throughout was well done and appealing.

Both our meals were delicious and good value for money - my cocktail not so much - very pricey for what it was, but overall I think it will be our first choice to dine next time we're in Blowing Rock.

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Great Addition to BR”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is just a cool restaurant and and Inn. The food for dinner was excellent. I had a entree with wild caught Coho salmon. Its also a nice place to sit and have a glass of wine in the bar area or on the front porch.

Visited July 2014