“It was the hi-light of our trip!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vx3 Trail Rides

Vx3 Trail Rides
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: See the North Carolina mountains like never before! Enjoy customized horseback riding in Moses Cone Memorial Park with experienced trail guide Tim Vines. 3 Hour ride on trustworthy horses with easy trails in Blowing Rock NC. Reservations required.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Pittsboro, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“It was the hi-light of our trip!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

What an awesome experience that we will always remember. Mark and I went for a getaway to enjoy the beauty of Blowing Rock and all the breathtaking mountainous views. When we booked our horse riding trip we had no idea how much fun we were going to have. Ill call him "Cowboy Tim", from the moment he stepped out of his red dodge, he made us feel like we were one the family. The horses were so well trained, the trails were amazing and we felt as though we had been riding many times, when in fact, it was the opposite.

Granted Historic downtown Blowing Rock has nice stores and restaurants and Grandfather Mountain is incredible, but, when you want to see the mountains from within, down below and slowly work your way up, this is the way to go! The best way to describe it is to do it yourself and experience it first hand. Tim will take care of you whether a beginner or experienced. Don't let him intimidate you by that cowboy hat, chaps and spurred boots!! Lol He will share stories that will make you smile.

If you want to step away from all the crowds, have some peace and quiet in order to enjoy Gods beauty I highly recommend you book a ride. You will be glad you did, Mark and I will definitely be returning. Thanks Tim and Happy Trails!!!

Visited November 2013
4 Thank PDPhillips

Greenville, SC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Peak Weekend Trail Ride!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

If you want a memorable experience horseback riding in the Blue Ridge Mountains, Tim Vines needs to be your guide! This is my second time riding with Tim, and each ride only gets better! One item on my bucket list is to horseback ride in Moses Cone after a snowfall and I hope to be able to mark this off my list this winter.
Tim is very entertaining, and so passionate about his horses. This peak weekend the leaves were so vivid and vibrant, the weather was nippy but sunny and the whole day could not have been any better...well maybe sure would have been nice to have some Wildberry Shine to make the trip complete...Mary Ann Greenville, SC

Visited November 2013
5 Thank Mary Ann K
Knoxville, Tennessee
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Really enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Gorgeous fall day, beautiful horses and a very likeable guide. Tim was talkative, but not annoyingly so and had stories to share during the ride. Our ride took us through Cone Memorial Park and it was very enjoyable. Thanks for a fun afternoon!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank ljcook20003
Concord, North Carolina
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Unforgettable horseback ride, terrific guide and breath-taking views!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I truly feel blessed to have had the opportunity to share this experience with my two teenage daughters! The views were breath-taking and Tim was the best guide ever. Our horses and the trails we were on were really fantastic. Our ride was over 2.5 hours; nothing was rushed and we all thoroughly enjoyed our ride! We hope to join Tim again on another ride.

Visited October 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A Truly Special Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

My fiancée and I planned a get-a-way to the mountains and wanted to do something special. Being animal lovers, we thought about horseback riding, but didn't know where to start. I found Tim's name here on Trip Advisor. You never know what to expect, but I can tell you the previous reviews are all spot on. Tim is an amazing guy. He's trustworthy, has great character and is passionate about his horses. He delivered a truly special experience for us without even trying. I think that was the most impressive part about him and "TJ". They are great people that love to ride and share their passion with others. Tim keeps his rides intimate. You will truly be able to "ride" your horse though some of the most spectacular mountains, on some of the best kept trails in North Carolina. It's not nose-to-tail on tired horses like you may find at other locations. Tim works hard at rotating his horses and works in small groups so the experience remains just as enjoyable for the horses as it does for his guests.

If you are looking for a unique experience lead by a North Carolina Legend, then you need to call Tim. I hope you have as much fun as we did.

Visited September 2013