“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chestnut Grille

Chestnut Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Chestnut Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 48 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Located at the Historic Green Park Inn in Blowing Rock North Carolina, The Chestnut Grille offers casual dining, extraordinary cuisine, and a thoughtful wine selection.The Chestnut Grille serves contemporary high country fare in a comfortable setting.
Asheboro, North Carolina
“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Staff was fantastic, the food choices were wonderful and the Breakfast was also equal to any in the local area in quality and taste.

Visited July 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good, not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner here on a recent trip to blowing rock. The weather was rainy so we ate inside the dining room. The food was good, but the service was extremely slow and the atmosphere was cheerless. There were only about 3 other customers in the place, so that, in combination with the dark, worn looking interior, may have added to the depressing feel. Had a drink in the bar before dinner which was very pleasant. Glad we tried it but won't be back.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank hnerz
GPIOwners, General Manager at Chestnut Grille, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
We sincerely apologize if the service was slow. While I can't be sure on which evening you dined, we have been training several new wait staff members, and so we apologize if their service was not top notch, yet. I suspect that you may have dined on a Sunday evening, and that is not a very busy evening anywhere in town. As to the "dark, worn looking interior" we would have to take exception to that comment. We have only recently opened our new restaurant, the Chestnut Grille, after a 4 month, complete redecoration. Just about everything in the restaurant is brand new. So, we're sorry that you didn't appreciate the decor but most other customers comment very favorably. Thanks for posting, and we apologize again about the service!
Hickory, North Carolina
“Wonderful Evening!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our first visit to the newly opened restaurant at the Green Park was a great experience. Our party of four chose the outdoor terrace and the pleasant evening weather certainly added to our enjoyment. We started with two different appetizers which were generous enough to share, and both were quite tasty. We were also served a variety of three different breads which were great with our drinks while we waited for our entrees. The wine selection was very good and included a number of specially priced bottles and glasses. We all chose different entrees including one that was an off-menu special, and when they arrived, everyone was extremely pleased! The servings were generous, perfectly prepared, attractively presented and absolutely delicious! We completed the meal with a couple of desserts that were equally wonderful, and very simply, we could not have been more pleased. On top of the excellent food, the wait staff was very good and the prices were quite reasonable. This is a great addition to Blowing Rock, and we look forward to our next visit!

Concord, NC
“A nice experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We are staying at the Green Park Inn and decided to give the restaurant a try. We were glad we did. We opted for seating on the patio where all the other guests were. We both had appetizers and they were excellent. Salads came with our meals and my Caesar salad was one of the best I've had. My wife says her green salad was quite good also. She had the pecan encrusted trout and gave me a taste. Wonderful! My fish tacos were good but not as good as the trout. Our server was very attentive and blunted the only minor problem we had - slow delivery of the main courses. We are on vacation so relaxing on the patio with a glass of wine waiting a few minutes for our food was no hardship. The high quality food was worth the wait. If you like historic inns, give the Green Park Inn a try too.

Virginia
“Expected outstanding...was just fine”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

By the reviews I had read about this place, I expected to be blown away. Perhaps this would've received 4 stars if I hadn't been expected so much more...but I was sorta disappointed.
We sat outside, which was lovely, the weather was perfect. Our server took 15 minutes to get us a beer and a gin gimlet though....which was not acceptable. Our appetizer came before our drinks. We ordered the mussels, and they were decent....but a smaller portion than I've ever received and the sauce was average. I ordered the pricey espresso crusted tenderloin that everyone raves about, and I found the seasoning and the sauce to overpower the taste of the meat. It was perfectly cooked medium rare, but all I could taste was espresso and chocolate. Again, not terrible, but not fabulous either. The green beans that came with it were 5 skinny beans underneath the tenderloin. And this wasn't plated like a gourmet entree where you'd expect something like that....My husband ordered the pulled pork which I tasted. The peach bourbon sauce was great, the meat was dry. The purple cabbage had way too much dressing on it. Like I said, we ate our food...it wasn't inedible. We just walked away satisfied, but not impressed.

1 Thank farmfoodie