“Perfect Choice for Your Special Occasion”

The Restaurant at Gideon Ridge
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant at Gideon Ridge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Located on top of Gideon Ridge, guests enjoy dining Al Fresco or in our intimate dining room. The cuisine is an eclectic blend of the freshest mountain ingredients, prepared in the classical style. Dinner served Tuesday - Saturday by reservation.
Reviewed August 1, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary and had a wonderful dinner. The setting is breathtaking, and the food was delicious. This is a perfect spot for couples wishing to get away for a quiet and very intimate dinner. The staff was very attentive, and the chef's recommendations were excellent. We asked for a special wine which is difficult to find, and their chef was willing to share it with us from his collection. Will definitely return here.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

The food was absolutely delicious. The atmosphere along
with the beautiful mountain scenery was wonderful. Most of all I have never been given so much attention in a restaurant. The waitress,so nice. Yes, we can't wait to go back. If you like chicken livers, you've got to try them. They are the best ever.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Exciting menu; great presentation; great food; nice wine list; very good service. No negatives here.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We made a reservation for dinner here during our long weekend in Blowing Rock. I saw some of the pictures posted and opted to get their early to spend some time on their patio. Even though it was overcast, the view was amazing. We sat on the comfiest wicker couch ever in life, which is saying something coming from pregnant me who was having trouble getting comfortable anywhere. My husband got a beer and they made me an awesome mock martini to enjoy before being seated at our table.

Their menu changes weekly as they source ingredients as locally and fresh as they possibly can. I usually like to have an idea of what's on the menu before I arrive somewhere, but that's not possible with this place. Once we started eating, I realized it totally didn't matter cause everything was awesome.

We got the clams as an appetizer which wonderfully covered in garlic. Those did not last long at our table. My husband got a smoked pork and lentil soup. I had to stop him from licking the bowl. I got a fresh salad with beets and goat cheese. I typically don't like beets, but I promise my plate was empty.

Husband got the coq au vin which is a little out of character for him, but he absolutely loved it. I got a beef tenderloin mid-rare that was out of this world. The vegetables and mashed potatoes with it were phenomenal. Who knew a carrot could taste so good? Both of our plates were completely cleared.

We were full beyond belief, but really interested in their desserts. They were kind enough to let us move back to that comfy wicker couch where I could put my feet up. After husband's cup of coffee (which he also reported was excellent) we ordered dessert which they served to us on the comfy couch. We got a spiced Grand Marnier cake and another cake that I can't quite remember the name of us but was served with berries. Both were gone in a matter of minutes.

We loved everything about this place. It's completely worth the price. The servers are well taught about the food and the chef CLEARLY knows and loves what he's doing. Make a reservation and go here immediately.

2  Thank Laura G
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We are recently returned from France, Germany & Austria, where we dined royally in some phenomenal locations. But still the Restaurant at Gideon Ridge is where we have eaten the tastiest steak, served the most graciously, on the loveliest terrace, with views out over the most spectacular mountains.

2  Thank CaroleeD