“Ok food, average service, freezing cold, expensive food” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating
Grovetown, Georgia
“Ok food, average service, freezing cold, expensive food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

We picked MK's while walking through downtown Blowing Rock, thinking it looked quaint and affordable. When we enter we are immediately hit by the chill. It was colder inside than out. We had to wear our jackets while sitting at the table. The waitress was nice, but not knowledgable about the menu or prices. One of the meals we ordered was the special they advertised and they had to come tell us there were out of hamburgers... it was 12:00 and we were the only ones in there... so we changed our order. The food that was home made and cooked fresh was great! Loved the fried green tomato blt and the trout. The burger was frozen and the pulled pork was dry. The french fries were frozen and horrible. Once we got the bill every item we ordered, we were charged about 0.50-$1 more than was on the menu. They appologized that the menu prices were not updates... and it was way to expensive for frozen, not fresh, foods. While we mostly enjoyed the meal, the cold room, expensive prices and other issues means we will not return.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Birmingham, Alabama
“Terrible service. Poor food.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

This place was grossly understaffed. The wait staff tried to keep up, but were hopelessly overwhelmed. Customers were yelling at them and I think the table next to ours absconded without paying. I don't know why as they were seated after us and were fed before us. Clearly poor management. Any business should expect big crowds the day after Thanksgiving. They must have also had the dishwashers cooking as the food was terrible. I had to stalk the hostess to get them to give me my check.This is the worst review I have ever given. Do not eat here! Thank god for the fudge shop down the street.

myrtle beach sc
“bad experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

First must say I was there in August and it was great.Went again and the food was terrible,the service was poor and a few hours later my wife and I were both sick.It was not crowded and there is no excuse for it to be this bad.I will say it is a slow time of year there,but if that is the best they could do I wish they would of been closed.I paid 30 bucks to be sick

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Marshville, NC
“Average food, service lacking.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Visited with a friend on a busy Saturday in October. Food was okay, nothing special, I had the bar-b-que and my friend had the fish. We were told by the waiter that they did not have sandwiches for lunch, although we did see someone with a burger, which I consider a sandwich, but it was not on the menu. Waitstaff seemed a little overwhelmed. Probably would not return.

• Visited October 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Worse than offensive bar food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Please don't even consider this place. The staff was clearly overwhelmed (but very sweet). The food was lukewarm and tasted like 'something posing as meat'. The pimento cheese was served very cold and gummy. The waiter said they made it in house but I'm sure it was dumped out of some plastic container, along with their tasteless rice crackers. I really hated this place. If your last resort is this place go check out a dollar menu instead. You will get better quality food for a reasonable price. At MK's Southern Cooking you will get awful stomach turning food for wayyyyy too much. This place will leave you unsatisfied wishing you went for a cheap little hotdog.

• Visited October 2012