“Terrible service. Poor food.”
Review of MK's Southern Cooking - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
MK's Southern Cooking
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This place was grossly understaffed. The wait staff tried to keep up, but were hopelessly overwhelmed. Customers were yelling at them and I think the table next to ours absconded without paying. I don't know why as they were seated after us and were fed before us. Clearly poor management. Any business should expect big crowds the day after Thanksgiving. They must have also had the dishwashers cooking as the food was terrible. I had to stalk the hostess to get them to give me my check.This is the worst review I have ever given. Do not eat here! Thank god for the fudge shop down the street.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

First must say I was there in August and it was great.Went again and the food was terrible,the service was poor and a few hours later my wife and I were both sick.It was not crowded and there is no excuse for it to be this bad.I will say it is a slow time of year there,but if that is the best they could do I wish they would of been closed.I paid 30 bucks to be sick

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Visited with a friend on a busy Saturday in October. Food was okay, nothing special, I had the bar-b-que and my friend had the fish. We were told by the waiter that they did not have sandwiches for lunch, although we did see someone with a burger, which I consider a sandwich, but it was not on the menu. Waitstaff seemed a little overwhelmed. Probably would not return.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Please don't even consider this place. The staff was clearly overwhelmed (but very sweet). The food was lukewarm and tasted like 'something posing as meat'. The pimento cheese was served very cold and gummy. The waiter said they made it in house but I'm sure it was dumped out of some plastic container, along with their tasteless rice crackers. I really hated this place. If your last resort is this place go check out a dollar menu instead. You will get better quality food for a reasonable price. At MK's Southern Cooking you will get awful stomach turning food for wayyyyy too much. This place will leave you unsatisfied wishing you went for a cheap little hotdog.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We were told the wait was 30 mins but waited much longer, at which point we were told they had run out of fried pickles. Also the service was slow at best with the waiter seeming very "busy" but not getting allot done, he told us after a 10 min wait for drinks that they were short staffed and he had to change the keg and run around looking for the bottled beer we wanted.......what?? We are here paying for a meal and some relaxation time, telling us you are unable to cope does not add to the experience. We also noticed allot of upset people who were waiting allot longer than us. The food was average when it came.