“Best Zipping we've done”

Sky Valley Zip Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We provide the best zip line adventures in western North Carolina. Two tours are offered: 1) Canopy Tour: 10 zip lines, a 45' vertical decent off a rock face, and a 120' cable bridge over a 35' cascading waterfall. This tour combines all the fun and thrill of a zip line tour with all the sights and sounds of the Appalachian mountains. Cross the valley at 300' off the valley floor. Must be 10 years old and between 70-250 lbs. to participate. 2) KIDS ZIP: Called the Whistle Pig Adventure Park, our kids zip line is a miniature version of the Canopy Tours. Includes 7 zips, a small bridge, and a 20' long slide out of the tress. Kids can play for up to 2 hours and zip through the course as many times as they can. An adult chaperon can relax in the viewing area or walk around just below the kids to take pictures and cheer them on. A covered picnic shelter and water is provided. Children must be 4 years old and be able to reach 48" high.
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Sky Valley has it all. It's just outside of Boone, about 10 min. The staff is wonderful, the zips are long, in the canopies and screaming fast!! Worth every penny-Adam and Alan were exceptional.

1  Thank Jennifer H

Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

I'm a local cat and brought my parents, whom were visiting, to zip and enjoy the scenery. My dad is extremely afraid of heights and was not able to continue after our beginning tutorial. Jack offered him a full refund right away, which he declined, because he supports local and understands its not Sky Valleys fault he filled the reservation and didn't want to take that money away from the business or the guides. Kudos to Dad. That being said... My ma' and I had a blast, our group was fun and our guides (forgive my memory if I'm wrong... Miranda and Grant?) were top notch for sure. Thank you Sky Valley, Grant, Miranda and Jack. No other zip in the High Country can compare to the service, views, and adrenaline rush. DO IT!!!!!

2  Thank GoldChainzForLife
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I went to Sky Valley while we were visiting for our anniversary. Unfortunately, we were rained out, but they were great and allowed us to come back at a later date. They were very accommodating! We rescheduled and had an amazing time. I would recommend this to anyone who is visiting the area, it's worth the price. We will definitely be making a return trip!!

1  Thank Lmw0519
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Anyone could do this!! I am afraid of heights and also had a pre-teen with our group. A grandma and grandpa were in another group. We all had a great time! The guides are wonderful about explaining everything and totally putting you at ease. Couldn't recommend this activity more.

2  Thank Audrey W
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This adventure was AWESOME! Rachel and Taylor were our guides. Their instructions were thorough and informative. Safety was a priority with an emphasis on FUN! At the start of the course you are sailing ABOVE the trees and by the time you reach the end you are flying THROUGH the trees. The whole course takes 2-3 hours, but it's so much fun you don't want it to end. Not only will I be back - I'm bringing my friends! Thanks for an excellent day Sky Valley! You guys rock!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank RhondaB212