“Great way to spend an afternoon!”

Sky Valley Zip Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We provide the best zip line adventures in western North Carolina. Two tours are offered: 1) Canopy Tour: 10 zip lines, a 45' vertical decent off a rock face, and a 120' cable bridge over a 35' cascading waterfall. This tour combines all the fun and thrill of a zip line tour with all the sights and sounds of the Appalachian mountains. Cross the valley at 300' off the valley floor. Must be 10 years old and between 70-250 lbs. to participate. 2) KIDS ZIP: Called the Whistle Pig Adventure Park, our kids zip line is a miniature version of the Canopy Tours. Includes 7 zips, a small bridge, and a 20' long slide out of the tress. Kids can play for up to 2 hours and zip through the course as many times as they can. An adult chaperon can relax in the viewing area or walk around just below the kids to take pictures and cheer them on. A covered picnic shelter and water is provided. Children must be 4 years old and be able to reach 48" high.
Boone, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great way to spend an afternoon!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We have done zip lining before, but this place is a fun experience for locals(which I am) and visitors who are staying in the Boone and Blowing Rock area. You can’t beat the location - 8 minutes from town, so if you don't want to travel 1 hour to the next closest zipline - this is it.

Sky Valley is new and they have done a great job planning out all the lines. The views are beautiful – they go from wide valley lines to wooded forest view to waterfalls. They mix it up with a few cliff jumps and fast and short runs to long range zipline. They even have a swinging bridge over a waterfall.

The staff is very helpful and accommodating. They are very safety conscience and make sure everyone has a great time. Would definitely go again and bring our friends when they visit.

I heard they also teamed up with the Gamekeeper (a gourmet restaurant in town) to serve picnic lunches at the ranch after the zip tour. We did not do this, but will consider next time.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Travel_JAC

Statesville, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fabulous time!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We recently went on a zip line tour through Sky Valley Tours and really had a great time! I would highly recommend going at least once to visit the folks at Sky Valley.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Penny Y
Dallas, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“The best time I've ever had...”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This was my first time zip lining and really didn’t know what to expect. Our guides were the best ever I must admit they were fun and energetic and just made you want to be there. I officially renamed Big Momma to Big Bertha… Upon my return to the Carolinas, I will be zipping again…

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Robbie D
S.W. Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“MUST DO!!! See High Country from a Birds Eye View”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We had a blast & felt more confidence as the day progressed. Staff is wonderful & took fun pictures along the way. Lovely property and a full 1/2 day of fun. Highlight of our kids trip up to visit. Will go again when our next guests arrive.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank earthwalker1017
Burlington, North Carolina
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Great zip line right near Boone and Blowing Rock”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Went on my first zip line and an pleased it was at Sky Valley. Thought price decent 79$ and the first zip course was amazing. They give you the biggest , highest and longest one first, which was great for me because then I knew I could handle them all . (they do get faster) quirky but professional guides, awesome views, pretty location .

10 Thank linda e