“Good ski area to learn on”

Appalachian Ski Mountain
Winston Salem, North Carolina
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Good ski area to learn on”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

This is a good beginner to intermediate ski area. We were a group of nine with beginners to expert, level skiers and snowboarders. We were visiting family in NC. The more advanced skier will be bored here but it is a great place to learn how to ski or snowboard. We went on a Sunday morning and it was empty because most people in the are in church, according to the staff.

313 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 202 helpful votes
“Nice bit short slopes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

I came here becauseI I am visiting all the NC ski resorts. I skied on the night of Saturday the 5th. Resort was not crowded and it took 15 minutes to get ready, buy tickets and start skiing. Snow was good cannons were not running and slopes were not crowded, I was literally going up and down with no waiting time in line. It's a little overpriced considering the shortness of the slopes, but the good of this was that they were well maintained.
Not sure I well come back but it was a nice experience.

Atlanta, GA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great for families/beginners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

This was a perfect location for my daughter and I to have our first ski experience. Well-run and family-oriented, multiple options for lessons, etc. and opportunities for beginner practice. My husband, who is much more experienced, also had a good time on the bigger slopes. Overall a fun experience in a safe, easy-to-access location. Would recommend for families and new skiers.

Visited January 2013
near columbia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Extremely Well Managed! A+++”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Although this mountain is small, it is extremely well managed. All the workers were friendly and speedy. I had all my own gear, so I didn't rent any equipment, but I got my lift ticket in under 1 minute. The whole mountain has a very laid back relaxed family atmosphere. I was able to progress my snowboarding very quickly at this resort. The restaurant was super organized too. They actually had intelligent people running the food line so there was no waiting for stuff to cook.

Visited December 2012
Vale, North Carolina
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Ski central”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Excellent lift and rental rates, snow base was excellent, slopes were not crowded and weather was nice.

Visited February 2012