“Great for families/beginners”

Atlanta, GA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great for families/beginners”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This was a perfect location for my daughter and I to have our first ski experience. Well-run and family-oriented, multiple options for lessons, etc. and opportunities for beginner practice. My husband, who is much more experienced, also had a good time on the bigger slopes. Overall a fun experience in a safe, easy-to-access location. Would recommend for families and new skiers.

Visited January 2013

near columbia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Extremely Well Managed! A+++”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Although this mountain is small, it is extremely well managed. All the workers were friendly and speedy. I had all my own gear, so I didn't rent any equipment, but I got my lift ticket in under 1 minute. The whole mountain has a very laid back relaxed family atmosphere. I was able to progress my snowboarding very quickly at this resort. The restaurant was super organized too. They actually had intelligent people running the food line so there was no waiting for stuff to cook.

Visited December 2012
Vale, North Carolina
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Ski central”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Excellent lift and rental rates, snow base was excellent, slopes were not crowded and weather was nice.

Visited February 2012
Havelock, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“From Bad to Worst”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I recently moved to North Carolina on military orders and was eager to begin the winter season with a little snowboarding. Not being from the area i didn't know what to expect, after all it couldn't have been any worse than my last season stationed in Japan and having to deal with the language barrier. So, in my excitement (and on a whim) I drove five hours to see what the state of North Carolina had to offer in the form of winter recreation. At first glance it looked like it would be a satisfying day of snowboarding, the facility was clean, the slopes where groomed and the atmosphere was pleasant. My perception completely changed once I was introduced to their "operation". The Paperwork, the Chaos!! it was like "going into escrow" with these people,not to mention the $400 deposit (cash, debit not accepted) for my wife's equipment rental which I paid in $10 dollar bills since that's all the ATM spits out.....anywho, 4 forms, 3 lines and 1 hour later My wife and i had a lift ticket, a locker, and rental board/equipment. One thing left to do, drop my board off to get waxed, simple enough right? wrong! I was told it would be an hour wait, which i was fine with since it would give me time to give my wife a few snowboarding lessons. An hour later and eager to get on the snow i'm being told that they had just started on the first coat of wax and that it would take another hour and a half (What!!!), the staff offered no apology. Irritated and annoyed I told them to finish the first coat and return my board. It would take another 30 minutes until I received my board. After taking a breather and a couple runs, the rest of the day went much as expected.I would like to point out that throughout the day, horrible customer service was a common trend throughout the facility, from the over-priced snack bar cashiers to the arrogant chair lift attendants. Needless to say I will not be going back, if i'm going to drop a couple hundred dollars at a place, the least they can do is give me the reach around. I will say this, there were a few hidden gems around the place, the shrimp and grits, a few individuals working the parking lot, and the clothing rental area, but that's about it.

Visited December 2012
4 Thank Martin P
Nashville, Tennessee
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Small slopes, good terrain parks”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

The smallest of the slopes in the NC area with sugar mountain being the biggest. We enjoyed the day here as the staff was very helpful and it was not as crowded as sugar was the day before. Also, liked how they didn't blow snow during the day and advertised this on their website for the day we went as sugar blew snow all day and made the day miserable. Could be a
Little cheaper as there is half the skiable area as other slopes nearby.

1 Thank ng4uk