“Unbelievable”
Review of Meadowbrook Inn

Meadowbrook Inn
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Blowing Rock
Reviewed January 28, 2012

All I catch myself talking about when asked about the resort is how unbelievably amazing the staff was. Every member I came in contact with was professional, polite, and very prompt. Not to mention how they provided service with a smile! Now a days that's VERY rare.
The entire weekend stay was great. Great area & clean rooms. Defiantly looking forward to visiting again =)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rochelle L
There are newer reviews for Meadowbrook Inn

Reviewed January 27, 2012

The Meadowbrook Inn has lovely rooms and exceptional staff. They made my stay very enjoyable and I look forward to staying with them again. The rooms were very nice with very reasonalbe rates. The staff was courteous and professional at all times!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ms-SouthernPeach
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I have now stayed at the Meadowbrook Inn twice, and both of my experiences have been excellent. From the moment I arrived the staff were polite and professional, the check-in process was quick and efficient, and the facility was clean and well appointed. If you are looking for a cozy and elegant hotel at a reasonable price, then the Meadowbrook Inn is the place for you. My suite had a fireplace, whirlpool tub, flat-screen TV, and beautiful hardwood furniture. Also, the location is close to the historic downtown of Blowing Rock, with fantastic restaurants and shops within easy walking distance. Both of my experiences at the Meadowbrook Inn have been among the most stress free and relaxing hotel stays. I will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KennethNorthCarolina
Reviewed November 14, 2011

So, after reading all the reviews we decided to stay at the Meadowbrook for the weekend. I have completely figured out why all the reviews are so different - it depends on where you stay on the property. I reserved the "VIP Suite" (and I use this term loosely)Room 309 in the hotel. We arrived at 9pm and when we got into the room, we were so disappointed. The room itself was HUGE..however..the carpet was dark green, the furniture was worn, the tv was old (not a flat screen) the fireplace looked terrible, there was rose wallpaper in the bathroom (think Grandma's house) however, it was clean and we were tired. The noise of the heat coming on all night actually helped drown out the sounds of the people in the hallway throughout the night since our room was next to the elevator :( Early the next morning I went to the "breakfast" (again, term used loosely) in search of coffee. The breakfast consisted of coffee (not totally terrible) stale bread and pastries, stale bagels (no cream cheese in sight), cold cereal (generic in the bins) and hard boiled eggs and weird looking sausage patties, both on ice? The super sad part was the decent breakfast in the other room for wedding guest parties - so the hotel could throw out some warm eggs,etc. they just choose not to. For the price of the room - they could put together something more..so just plan on skipping the breakfast and walk 3 minutes down main street on your right to 'Knights on Main' for a fantastic breakfast! So, I went to the lobby and asked if there were any other rooms available - the lovely front desk person (Ann) took me to the Annex building (5 steps away) and showed me a room that was Great! It wasn't a suite, but we didn't have our kids with us and didn't need one. There was a King bed, a fire place that you can see from the bed, a flat screen TV (much larger then the old outdated one in the other room) newer wallpaper, bedding, etc. It also had a great sunroom/patio where you could sit - we opted to open the windows which allowed us to have the fireplace on and it didn't get too hot. The bathroom was MUCH nicer (nicer whirlpool tub, dual shower head) and the soaps, etc. in this room were nicer - it was weird. We moved our bags and thoroughly enjoyed this room. The room was $210 per night, which was the same we were paying for the "suite" and it was much quieter and nicer. We stayed in room 507 in the Annex. I should also add that as we were leaving and they were cleaning the rooms next to us - they washed and changed the sheets, blankets and comforter - which is nice! Both rooms were very clean - the one in the main hotel was so old and outdated, you could only do so much. Both rooms had a small fridge and microwave. We ate breakfast at Knights on Main - which was great, homestyle and dinner at Bistro Roca - which was wonderful! Would definitely recommend! Hope this helps the next traveler!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the Annex - it is newer, nicer and quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Apexchick
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Very nice inn, beautiful entrance, lobby and common areas. The room was clean, with antique-style furniture and a LCD tv. Great location too, walked through all Blowing Rock main street. Breakfast wasn't that good but OK.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is a nice hotel with beautifully maintained property, gardens, and decent service. We especially enjoyed the sunroom balcony, fireplace, and hot tub.

We did not have any of the negative problems that I've read in other reviews. The room was very large with elegant furnishings and decorations that were not worn or outdated. Linens were new and clean. Very large flat-screen TV was nice. Wi-fi was strong and fast. Central air was comfortable and silent. We had no noise problems, even with people in the rooms beside us. The indoor swimming pool is one of the largest in the Blowing Rock area, and was great. The property seems well-maintained, and I didn't see any of the worn-out indications others have mentioned.

The continental breakfast was typical -- cereal, eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, bagels, muffins, cinnamon rolls, oranges. To the one reviewer that complained that condiments stay out, that is not true -- I noticed they were cold, and watched to see that they refrigerated them immediately after breakfast closed.

Meadowbrook had the lowest price of any hotel in Blowing Rock when we went, and we very pleased with the value. We'll happily stay again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dlovegrove
Reviewed September 9, 2011

When we first arrived, the place was very nice. We checked in, had a great day, ducks on the property were an enjoyment for my 3 yr old. There was a wedding taking place on the property. Not a problem until 12:30 a.m. when the wedding was apparently over but the party wasn't. It continued in the room next to ours! Several of the wedding guests must have been so dazed and confused from all the celebration that they continued to knock on our hotel door instead of the correct door next to ours while shouting "Whoo Whoo" like idots in the hallway. I called the front desk which stated they would take care of it but after 10 more minutes of Whoo whoo, I had enough and stormed to the lobby in my pajamas. That is where I had to make a scene threatening to call the police if they couldn't handle the problem. The party next door finally relocated to the pool. God help the people that boarded that area. The next morning, all I recieved at check-out was a snot attitude from some young female that deserved a swift kick in the shin bone. $236 for one loud restless night.
Congrats to the bride & groom and congrats to the hotel for never anticipating our stay again.

Room Tip: Ask if there's a wedding on the property & where are their rooms located before booking your...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family