All reviewsprivate poolduck pondfeeding the duckswhirlpool tubmain buildingwithin walking distancebreakfast includedbiscuits and gravydowntown areaking suitepark your carthe location is perfectbit dateddowntown blowing rockspent one nightliving roomfridge and microwave
Reviewed June 7, 2011

I thought this hotel was very clean and convenient to the quaint town of Blowing Rock. Shopping and restaurants within walking distance. Nice indoor pool. Continental breakfast was nice.

Room Tip: Book ahead.
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joykeeper
Reviewed May 1, 2011

We've stayed here many times and enjoy the rooms, location and courteous staff. The indoor pool area is a big plus for our three yr old and it's very clean! We were there during mid April for Spring break.
The only suggestions for mgmt would be to somehow deal with the uninvited duck guests that loiter in entry way portico area resulting in a disgusting first impression (of course I'm referring to all the fresh poop you have to dodge entering/exiting the inn). During our stay, someone did bring the hose out and rinse the area off but it didn't stay clean for long. The second complaint is the continental breakfast which is a nice offering but needs a little TLC. For those wanting specific details (and I'm sure the selection varies a little seasonally) there is coffee, assorted teas, milk & orange juice to drink. Two dry cereals (fruit loops & raisin bran), assorted pastries, hard boiled eggs & sausage (kept in fridge), gravy & biscuits, blueberry muffins and individually wrapped apples. Sounds amazing but the pastries are all store bought or at least taste like it. I understand "from scratch" is not common to a continental spread however a different brand of perhaps using a muffin mix so they look fresh. Lastly, we noticed that condiments were left all day/night unrefridgerated. Cream cheese clearly states to refrigerate. Overall the Meadowbrook Inn is a great place to stay but when the rates increase so should the quality and attention to first impressions/cleanliness.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Smashley1209
Reviewed April 22, 2011

We took our 2 grandkids for an overnight stay and thoroughly enjoyed it. The room was roomy and nicely furnished, quiet, carpet a bit tired looking. The breakfast buffet was plentiful, the pool and spa were very pleasant and enjoyable. Staff were welcoming and helpful. Very convenient location for restaurants, shopping and the local attractions.
We would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2011

The good part; Great location. You can walk to anywhere in Blowing Rock. The staff were courteous. The room was huge, and very clean. The bed was comfortable.

Not so good: This seems to be the least charming hotel in the entire town. I was in the "annex building" which was a bit bland, and reminded me of a Super 8, but with brass wall sconces... There was a vent directly over the bed which blew hot air on me all night. The hotel was almost empty (off season) so it was quiet, however I could tell that the walls are pretty thin.

All in all, it was OK, but I think that there are better options for the money.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 7, 2011

We arrived around 9 PM. Signed in and went to the third floor, room 305 end of the hall. Opened the door to a chilling 55 degrees. Sign on the thermostat read do not turn off or set below 65 degrees. The heat had been off for so long the furniture was cold. Turned on the heat, set to 75. In forty five min. the temp was 61. I called front desk they said we can find another room for you but I thought, if its cold it will be another hour of cold trying to heat up. We went to bed with all the blankets we could find. Awoke 2 AM freezing temp 62 on thermostat but stirring cold air not warm. Called front desk, said they could check 306 next room and we could move if heat was ok there. It was 68 so we moved our things and were back in bed 2 ;30AM. The room was tolerable, got to 72 but there was still a chill in the air. During the day the outside temp rose to 55 and the room finally felt comfortable. Our day of winter festival fun was clouded with a late schedule and fatigue. We discovered that night as soon as the temps dropped outside the chill returned to the room. The third floor seems to have this characteristic due to the metal roof exterior and poor insulation. At check out the best management would do was a 10% discount on the $125 per night $141 with tax. $125 a night says perfection to me not meat locker. No mint, maybe a Popsicle on the pillow here. Is it me or was the discount a little slack for the inconvenience and discomfort ? You decide. I won,t be back. Oh yea no fridge or microwave in the room.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple