“Fun for everyone”
Review of Tweetsie Railroad

Tweetsie Railroad
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: As North Carolina’s original family theme park, Tweetsie Railroad is a unique attraction that allows children and families to explore their imaginations and a whole lot more. Be a cowboy, cowgirl or an engineer. Shop along Main Street, pan for gold, or visit the animals in the Deer Park. Tweetsie has amusement rides for all ages and live entertainment throughout the park. And, of course, hop aboard our historic train for a fun-filled three-mile Wild West journey through the scenic mountains. Located in Blowing Rock, NC.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Asheville, North Carolina
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Fun for everyone”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

It had been 15 years since I had been here. Not much seemed to have changed but it was still fun for the family. Our 5 year old still talks about wanting to go back. I highly recommend it if you have little ones. The petting zoo is great.

Visited August 2012

Lenoir, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Friendly”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I always find friendly employees and enjoy my visit with my grandchildren. We usually go on Thomas week and my grandchildren think Thomas lives there.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Linda H
Boone, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Train ride”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

A little pricey, but the train was great. They have amusement rides and is geared for the young folks.

Visited May 2012
Elkin, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Tweetsie”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is a great place for young, teen and adult 'children'. We loved our visit there. Great views, staff are friendly and knowledgeable.

Conover, North Carolina
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“times gone by”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I always have enjoyed Tweetsie,
Going there as a child and taking my own child. Times have changed and I dont think kids today are excited as we were but they still have a great time.

1 Thank loretta8315