“Authentic Mexican Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Boone NC
“Authentic Mexican Food”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The food was excellent. First off, not only are you supplied with chips and salsa but also with a tangy creamy dip that is very good. The service was good but very slow. I will warn you, once our check was taken it took the lady over 10 minutes, actually closer to 15, to bring our change back. The food on the other hand was out of this world. Not only was it good but it was not piled on so much that you would feel sick once you finished it all. in the end the meal was great, the service less than great, and the atmospher very nice.

Blowing Rock, North Carolina
“Great Each Visit”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Since this restaurant's opening, it has become one of our favorities in Blowing Rock! Great service and food! Not a typical hurry up and eat Mexican eatery. You can tell the food is made fresh. Tableside guacamole service is awesome!!

Boone, North Carolina
“Best Mexican in the area (and there aren't many choices)”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Seating is tight as was mentioned in another review. BIG tables and booths. Staff is friendly and attentive. Chips and salsa and a mayo dip (I didn't like) are standard. Menu is decent. Prices are a little on the high side - but it's in BRock, what do you expect.

Gainesville,Fl
“Good Food, Very slow service, Terrible seating-won't be back”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

My Mom and I went for an early dinner there on 6/1. As so many others have previously stated, the seats are awful in the booths. The backs to the seats are so far back I had to lean forward the entire meal to reach my plate. I had a margarita, which was good, nothing special. The staff seemed abrasive, not friendly at all. The food was good and the portions were generous. Mom had the Chimichanga and I had Taquitos. Howeverer, once we got our plates no one checked on us to se if we needed anything. I had to ask for water twice before they brought us any and waited a long time even after the second request. When it was time for getting the check, that took forever too. I just had a feeling the staff did not care. No one smiled, it really seemed like they were unhappy.It was not busy at all because it was very early, about 4pm. I don't know the reason for their demeanor, but I do know we will not go back or recommend it to anyone else.

Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
“OK Mexican food”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I liked being able to sit at booths. The booths had plenty of leg room, but we only had two adults and three small kids.

The service was excellent, and they offered to give us another basket of chips at least a half dozen times. However, the food was not something I would go back and get again. We had burritos, tacos, enchiladas, and a margarita. None of it was anything special. I love Mexican food, but I wasn't impressed with the food at the restaurant.

• Visited May 2012