The Bob Timberlake Inn is a fabulous place to stay. My husband and I stayed here for two nights in March of this year for a romantic getaway. It was amazing.
The resort itself is beautiful. Driving through it made me feel like I was a wealthy socialite vacationing at my private home. There is a small lake that is full of geese (which makes using the walkway around the lake a bit difficult, as it is impossible to avoid the droppings), and the beautiful trees and fresh air completed the feel of the luxurious mountain resort.
We stayed in the Walter Alexander room at the Bob Timberlake Inn, which was immaculate. The room itself was beautifully decorated with a large window overlooking the lake. I could have sat on the window seat for hours reading (if my husband had not had other plans).
The bed was extremely comfortable, with a comforter than must have weighed fifteen pounds (my husband didn't really like that aspect, but I loved it). There is a fireplace and a flat screen tv. We borrowed a couple of movies from the rec center at the resort and watched them. All the furnishings in the room are very high quality. Nothing cheap.
We opted to have breakfast served in our room each morning. We could have eaten in the restaurant located just below the room, but we liked the privacy of in-room dining, and there was no additional fee for this service (breakfast is included in the room price). The options for breakfast were wonderful and offered something for everyone. I had a delicious version of eggs benedict. There was plenty of food that was beautifully prepared and tasted fabulous.
They offer complimentary wine and cheese at the inn every evening, and my husband and I enjoyed partaking and talking to the innkeeper during these times. There is a guest area with a refrigerator that has as much complimentary soda as you can drink. There were also many choices for complimentary coffee and tea that were available around the clock. Best of all, they had individual containers of Ben and Jerry's ice cream that guests could grab from the freezer any time they wanted. Now that was a treat!
They were doing some construction at the resort, so it was not very crowded, but everything was open, nonetheless. The pool was beautiful. There was a nice play area for kids. They offer fitness classes, also. I took a yoga class one morning that I really enjoyed. The teacher was clearly an expert.
We ate at the resort restaurant one night, and we loved the fact that we did not have to even go outside to get to it from our room. It was just down the stairs. It was very romantic with a fireplace and beautiful views of the lake, and the food was high quality.
We loved our stay here and would love to go back. It is a great place to go if you want to visit the malls or the other sights around the area, but it is also great to just hang out at the resort. I could stay at this place for a week without ever venturing into the town. The only negative thing we found was the goose droppings around the lake, but hey- if you want geese, you've got to take the droppings with them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore Chetola Resort at Blowing Rock, an 87-acre resort within walking distance of a quaint mountain village, neighboring a 3,600-acre National Park and surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina. Enjoy first-class accommodations in Chetola's Lodge, luxury Condominiums or the Bob Timberlake Inn at Chetola Resort, as well as fine dining at Timberlake's Restaurant. Discover The Spa at Chetola Resort, our Health and Wellness programs, and the many opportunities for recreation at Chetola Lake and along the Blue Ridge Parkway. Chetola also offers exceptional meeting and conference facilities and is a favorite destination for weddings and events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Chetola Resort at Blowing Rock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chetola Mountain Hotel Blowing Rock
- Chetola Resort
- Chetola Mountain Blowing Rock
- Blowing Chetola Nc Resort Rock