Visiting area first time. Wanted an Inn local to the area. Quite a few, Bob Timberlake has some nicely decorated rooms which were different. Saw a Groupon offer in e-mail for this B.T. Inn. Called hotel to see if they had rooms for my mid-week, low demand time stay. Had at least four nice rooms. Bought coupon and called back. Another employee answered, told him my reason for staying there was to stay in one of the nicely appointed rooms, unique. He said he was putting me into Room #6, which he believed was the Second Best room they had at the B.T. Inn. It is hard to get a good picture of these rooms. They usually only have one small picture of each of the several rooms like these. The do not list Rooms 1-6 and show 5 picts of what each room looks like. Room 6 has stairwells or a roof cutting away the ceiling of the room. The closet for clothes is chest high from the floor and you have to duck the ceiling to bend over to open it and get out hang up clothes and the desktop mini-ironing board. The fireplace is on the side next to the bed and from about your shoulders to your knees if you are laying in bed. He said he only had two choices to book me (now that I had bought the Groupon Coupon for a discount) this room had a "slight view" of the lake and the other room had "no view at all" of the lake. Supposedly all the rooms at Bob Timberlake are supposed to have a view of the lake.
I found out all of this after he emailed the confirmation, I found out the room number and was trying to find out if anyone had information or pictures of the room. That is where I found others who had taken pictures of the bland room, no photos, a grey leather like lounge chair, light greyish carpet, no wall paper or trim, and bland paint scheme. If you can tell any color from the few pictures available from other visitors.
I can not take a chance with problems with rooms and make a vacation an unhappy experience. I know Marriott Residence Inn and others can be counted on provide high quality experience, clean bedding and comfortable mattresses, and management that will get things right. Buyer beware of trusting what tell you of what type of room you are getting in the B.T.Inn. when you expect to be staying in one of those nicely decorated rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore Chetola Resort at Blowing Rock, an 87-acre resort within walking distance of a quaint mountain village, neighboring a 3,600-acre National Park and surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina. Enjoy first-class accommodations in Chetola's Lodge, luxury Condominiums or the Bob Timberlake Inn at Chetola Resort, as well as fine dining at Timberlake's Restaurant. Discover The Spa at Chetola Resort, our Health and Wellness programs, and the many opportunities for recreation at Chetola Lake and along the Blue Ridge Parkway. Chetola also offers exceptional meeting and conference facilities and is a favorite destination for weddings and events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Chetola Resort at Blowing Rock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chetola Mountain Hotel Blowing Rock
- Chetola Resort
- Chetola Mountain Blowing Rock
- Blowing Chetola Nc Resort Rock