“Winter Wonderland!”

and 1 more site!
Chetola Resort at Blowing Rock
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Blowing Rock
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is our second trip - this time, my daughter and I enjoyed the spa services and we were both very happy with our visits. The spa is very relaxing and the massage and facials felt wonderful! As always, the buffet breakfast is always a treat. We enjoyed seeing snow falling and the indoor pool and hot tub was a fun activity on a cold day. But most of all, I wanted to thank the maid service for finding and securing my jewelry that I left in the room when we departed. They are sending it to my asap no problem and it is nice to know that you don't have to worry at Chetola Lodge when you make a mistake like that. Other hotels I have stayed at I would probably not see it again. Thanks and we hope to come back up to the mountains and stay soon.

Room Tip: Lake view rooms are my favorite
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I am staying at the Chetola Resort in Blowing Rock. It is a nice property and the rooms are well appointed. My room overlooks the lake. There are several steps coming from the parking lot into the lodge. The room is a good distance from the Bob Timberlake Restaurant. The dinner and breakfast were both very good. There was a breakfast buffet. There was sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs, salmon, cheese grits, pancakes, an omelette station, fruits, juices, desserts and a wide variety to choose from. There are nice rocking chairs on my balcony which overlooks the lake. However, due to it being so cold outside, I will not partake of rocking on this trip. I would recommend the Chetola Resort to others that are in this area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Touring16
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stayed here for Thanksgiving with family. We had a 3 bedroom condo. It was beatiful and amazingly we were the only ones in our block.

The town is small and quaint and for nice relaxing walking in the woods this is the place. Great trails.

The kids loved the indoor pool and spa, and table tennis. The resort had a nice small fitness center also. Christmas lights and Santa were out, and evening carraige rides added to the seasonal feel.

The restaurant was way overcrowded (probably due to Thanksgiving) - which we would have liked to try. I recommend they add or build a second restaurant or diner/grill room. Otherwise, you can just walk to nearby Blowing Rock.

I would like to come again and try - fishing, hunting, more hiking, and explore the small town a little more.

Room Tip: Stop along the way and grab some firewood if you see some along the highway - will help you enjoy th...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Clinton A
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My wife and I work hard ,but travel well whenever we can, and as a business owner I try to make a priority of getting repeat business, which means satisfying the customer, and sometimes bending the rules, if necessary. I prefer to have a customer who continues to use my services/facilities, rather than a one time guest. Makes sense, right? When my wife's mother suddenly became ill and was hospitalized back home, requiring us to leave Chetola immediately at 4p.m. for the next flight home from the Charlotte airport, and despite the fact that our room was already serviced by housekeeping and we had touched nothing in the room since we had been out all day, we were still charged for the night. If I wanted repeat business, I would make every effort to be as understanding as possible for guest emergencies, as they do arise, and the way in which a facility treats its guests in those circumstances speaks volumes. The treatment at the front desk was cold and unfriendly, and we were made to feel as though we were interrupting the personal conversations of the staff, even though we told them why we had to leave so abruptly.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
11  Thank FrequentTraveler655
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Chetola was a breath of fresh air! Just beautiful and the restaurant was fabulous. Im a fishermen so the theme was spot on! Great experience and very family oriented. We all had a blast! I went fishing, my wife enjoyed the pool and spa and the kids loved everything!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank brokenwatersflyfishing
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We attended a meeting at Chetola and loved the facility, but the food was not very good. Fitness center better than most; beautiful lake for fishing (did not fish); walking trails; near downtown shopping and adjacent to a Tanger Outlet Shopping Center. Fall foliage was spectacular.

Room Tip: Recommend rental condos.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mlancaster3
Reviewed October 20, 2012

So much to do, so much to see, so much to enjoy. We drove into Chetola the second week in October amid a profusion of fall color. The property is extensive and exceptionally well-maintained. The staff are friendly and helpful with recommendations for fun and food. We had a small problem with the bathtub drain and it was addressed immediately with no disruption. The food at Timberlake's is great and the waitstaff fun and competent. A stroll around the lake or on one of the many trails is a beautiful autumn experience. Congratulations to management. A real gem.

Room Tip: Ask for a "lakeview deluxe king" or one of the Timberlake rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
The Village Inns of Blowing Rock: Village Inn
Courtyard Boone
Courtyard Boone
#5 of 18 in Boone

Been to Chetola Resort at Blowing Rock? Share your experiences!