“Try the Aero Press”

Camp Coffee Roasters
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Camp Coffee Roasters, formerly known as Bald Guy Brew of Blowing Rock has a new name but we are still under the same great management with our same owners. We are located inside Footsloggers in an old stone building on Main Street in Blowing Rock. Up in the attic you will find our warn and cozy espresso bar. We look forward to presenting our fresh roasted - fair trade and organic coffees and finely crafted espresso drinks...CHEERS! Stop by and check out our new roastery as well.
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Great coffee! Fresh beans, experienced barristas, warm and friendly staff.

I was introduced to the "Aero Press" method of brewing. Give it a try!

There are newer reviews for Camp Coffee Roasters

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Bald Guy Brew in Blowing Rock serves the best coffee and espresso. The coffee beans are organic and fair trade and locally roasted in Boone. Very friendly staff. Cute loft location (above Footsloggers). Definitely worth a visit!

1  Thank NCMtnMom
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Excellent coffee and smoothies in a great town. Was very enjoyable to stroll up and down Blowing Rock with a cup of their coffee!

1  Thank Tdinunz
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I remember when I walked into this place first time and ordered cup of espresso, the owner (Jason as I learned later) said: "This espresso will blow your mind". Know what? It did!
It was by far the best espresso I've ever had. (better than now closed Murky Coffee in DC, behind the Capitol).
This is not the "bold" taste of nation wide chains, which means burnt to charcoal beans put through the machine by a clueless student. It's a greatly balance of aroma, acidity and silky sweetness brewed to perfection with thick layer of crema.
Then I noticed something beyond the taste and structure in that drink. (highly subjective stuff beyond this point) You know how coffee can make you feel energetic, exciter, crazy? This coffee made me relaxed and happy!
I tracked down the source of this great coffee. By the way, Jason is not bald. I was told that the Bald guy lives in Boone. He roasts this great coffee and appears at the farmers market in a van with full blown coffee shop inside. He is a great guy, they have some kind of club of coffee lovers there. It was so great to find these people that put so much love into what they do!

3  Thank Andrey P
Reviewed April 11, 2013

great coffee! they roast their own beans and have their own fair trade agreements with local growers! the beans are seasonal!

great lattes, great service, great pastries, great atmosphere

1  Thank vron1234