“Sweet tooth heaven!”

40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Sweet tooth heaven!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I can not say enough to let you know how delicious Kilwin's is...you just have to go! They have ice creams that are so fantastic and every flavor I've tried is delish. They have caramel apples of all sorts, a big display of specialty chocolates, gift bags, and caramel corn. It's all delicious - pick one, you can't go wrong. Also, HUGE compliment - my son has a tree nut allergy and they went way above and beyond to accommodate him. They opened a fresh bucket of ice cream which was nut free, used separate spoons, gloves, and washed and sanitized spoon after the scoop. I appreciated the effort so much because it's so hard for him to want ice cream and for us to have to go buy a pint at the store rather than get it in the shop. Super place - you can't visit downtown Blowing Rock without a visit!

Visited September 2013

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Popular spot in the afternoon”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

There was a line that you have to wait in for ice cream. I got the lemon sorbetto with "sprinkles" and they are NOT sprinkles, they were nonpareils which are not the same, AND it was $.75 for what was only a teaspoon full! The waffle cones were good but they were the thickest waffle cones we've ever had almost hard to bite into they were so hard and thick but the ice cream was not going to make it soggy that's for sure. The lemon sorbetto was good (better than the raspberry IMO). My husband got the chocolate peanut butter (which is what I would have gotten if I wasn't dairy free WAAHH) and he liked it. It is a very popular place you'll see plenty of people walking around on the sidewalks with ice cream cones. You get intoxicated by the sugar/butter smell of the fudge they area always making.

Visited June 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“stick with the fudge and the pralines (oh my)!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Wow--a friend suggested we visit and have the pralines. Well we enjoyed the free sample fudge (rocky road and salted caramel)--yummy not too sweet. I followed the masses and lined up for the ice cream which in retrospect was a mistake. I love ice cream and this was quite disappointing and overpriced. I do not mind paying for a quality product and this was far from it. Now the good stuff--PRALINES holy wow! Best pralines I've ever had. These make the ones in and around Savannah look like gas station fare. We will return for pralines every time we are in the area.

Visited March 2013
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Definitely worth the calories :)”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Just entering the shop makes it all worthwhile. You'll enjoy the smells of all the goodies as you enter, and you are lucky if you leave without buying one of everything. We chose ice cream and chocolaye covered mint oreos on our first visit, and for our trip home we picked up fudge, caramel apples, and a little peanut brittle (which we enjoyed watching them make) on our second visit. (The apples were perfect for the long ride... The rest made it home.)

Tn
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Fudge, Fudge and more Fudge.”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Great selection of chocolate we love the
dark chocolate orangr peel. they fudge is
great, we tried the salted caramel. yummy
they will give you a free sample. they also have
a huge ice cream selection.

Visited January 2013