“Not just pub food!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Willow Spring, North Carolina
“Not just pub food!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The food was excellent - especially the trout three ways! While the menu had traditional pub fare, there was a more varied selection. Casual place.

Visited October 2012

Asheville, North Carolina
“Great Foggy Lunch Find!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was in the Boone area on business and had a little time to explore the area so I stumbled upon Foggy Rock in Blowing Rock through Trip Advisor for lunch. I sat at the bar facing the beer taps and couldn't believe the selection of beers! At least ten taps of beer were facing me with a good selection of local beer. Unfortunately, it was foggy and I had to travel home so I didn't partake in the beer, but I could definitely see myself enjoying this place just for a pint or two if I was in the area. I ordered the special of the day, a Vietnamese Grilled Cheese (Bon Me, I believe was the name) which was served with house made chips. The sandwich was excellent with buttered bread, gooey cheese, crunchy coleslaw, and tender pork. The chips were OK, not my favorite...I probably would have prefered hot fries. The portion was huge and I was not able to eat it all, even though the sandwich was so declicious. I would definitely come back here, hopefully for dinner where I could relax and enjoy a spirit or two and try the goat cheese naan bread appetizer and one of the delicious sounding salads and entrees.

2 Thank Jess4HHI
South Florida, Florida
“Unexpectedly Nice! Great Fried Green Tomatoes”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I have been going to Blowing Rock for 10 years and had never been to Foggy Rock because of the way it sits back off the road. It was suggested we try it for lunch and to get the Fried Green Tomatoes and Fried Catfish Sandwich. We did and we will certainly go back again!

Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Good food and atmosphere”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Good food, relaxed place, good service. Frito chicken sandwich really good!! Parking limited, difficult to get out onto the road with the current road works

Visited October 2012
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed dinner here, and recommend the "trout trout trout". Great service, and received a 10% discount after showing the hotel room key (Holiday Inn Express, Blowing Rock - see my review).

2 Thank TBone_Rock_65