“A "food/gem" in the NC Mountains”

Foggy Rock Eatery and Pub
Ranked #3 of 48 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2012

What a pleasant and satisfying surprise to find a REAL restaurant so close to downtown. Recommended by Melissa at the Blowing Rock Inn, we were not disappointed. The fried green tomatoes were delicious. The Cuban sandwich and the Hamburger special was perfect. The decor was sort of on a golf theme and the pub was like a up scale sports bar. Our server was friendly and efficient despite a large "post-link" group next to us. Would definately return and try some of the other entrees. Parking spaces are limited, arrive early.

1  Thank WoodyGboroNC
There are newer reviews for Foggy Rock Eatery and Pub

Reviewed October 1, 2012

My daughter and I had lunch at Foggy Rock and enjoyed every bite. She had a delicious cranberry turkey sandwich that had real chunks of turkey instead of deli slices. I had a delicious bowl of chicken pot pie soup and the fried green tomato sliders with pimento cheese and crumbled bacon. The thick sliced green tomatoes were perfectly crisp and delicious. Prices were quite reasonable and the menu looks interesting. I cannot wait to try them again!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

The Foggy Rock was so good we ate there twice. The atmosphere is definitely casual. Jeans were the norm. They don't take reservations so expect a wait. It is well worth it. I had the shrimp scampi tortellini and it was superb. My husband had the trout, trout, trout. It was excellent. The second time we ate there we both had the trout. My husband had all three pieces blackened, I had it three different ways. I couldn't pick my favorite. If we go back to Blowing Rock we will definitely go back.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

what is a place like this doing serving 5 star food at 3 star prices? decor is 2 star but the food is great. highly recommneded. I had the tuna my wife had the halibut special. both were great.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Tried this restaurant based on the reviews and the menu available at their website. Of all the places we ate at during this week long vacation in Blowing Rock, this was one of the best. It's not fine dining, so don't expect it to be. But for a family of four, we found it to have a great variety of appetizers, sandwiches and entrees, so there was something to please everyone. It is definitely not like a chain restaurant. Everything we had was very unique and flavorful. I also found the prices to be far better than other similar restaurants in the area (under $100 for four, including two appetizers and two glasses of wine). Overall, this was a very good meal and a good experience.