“Fun for everyone”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Fun for everyone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We were looking for something to do with the kids that would be different than the other times we've come to North Carolina and I stumbled across Docs Rocs. We had 3 adults, a teenager and an 11 year old with us. You can mine for your rocks outside or inside. It was a bit to cold and windy for this Florida girl in mid April so we went inside. They have metal buckets of dirt stacked up on a shelf. They recommended I pick the heaviest bucket I could find. I forget how much the buckets were but they weren't expensive. I would have probably bought them all day long. We all got our buckets and went to sifting. Once you are done you bring your finds over to the counter, they lay a paper sheet out that has a list of gemstone names and they take your finds out of your bin and lay them under the name of the gemstone you've found and they tell you what they are. They put your gemstone paper and your gems in a ziplock bag for you to carry home. I think they can also make jewelry out of your finds if you wish for an extra cost of course. They also have a gift shop. This was a really fun place and I highly recommend it.

Cocoa, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

My daughter was really excited about gem mining, but my husband and I were skeptical...we thought it would be pushy and a rip off. We were wrong!! The prices were great, the staff was very helpful and very knowledgeable. It was a fun, learning experience for all of us. The next time we go to the Boone area, we will definitely stop in at Doc's.

1 Thank Donna P
Pleasant Garden, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Doc's Rocks - Good times”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

We went to Doc's Rocks July 19th. It was a dreary, rainy - COLD day in Boone. No problem!! They have indoor seating. We got the medium size bucket and found sapphires, garnets, citrine, amethyst and rose quartz. I guess I should mention we are all adults!! LOL!! Fun times!! We will definitely go again. My daughter got a sapphire set from there on a previous trip. Very beautiful. We had a ball!!

1 Thank sherlock976
Yukon, Oklahoma
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great fun for the kiddos!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Came out here in July and got the big bucket for our 3 kids. They absolutely loved every minute of it, and so did I! They found tons of gems and really got into it, and are still talking about their loot to this day! We let each one get a gem cut, and they turned out super nice. My 4 year old actually found a ruby and it ended up being a 3.5 carat ruby, got it set and its gorgeous. Had a great time and would definitely recommend going here if you have kids. The staff was friendly and very helpful and answered all my kids many many questions. Great time all around!

1 Thank MindyMaqueira
Hillsborough, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow! Fun - fun - fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

The employees here were so friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. We found lots of stones including a huge, very clear amethyst (that they are cutting for us), two rubies - that I would never have known were anything but little rocks if it were not for the young lady working there, a sapphire, and an awesome quartz that they are cutting for me as well - that they say will look like a diamond! Our gemologist, Tom, was really fun to work with. He had a great sense of humor, was very patient and engaging with our 9 year-old son, and was sup knowledgeable. Thanks Doc's Rocks! ... and Tom!