“great experience”

Doc's Rocks Gem Mine
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We took 4 kids here over spring break, they LOVED it. We split a large bucket with their family, and the kids spent about a 1/2 an hour going through the bucket, and found a ton of gems. The staff was very knowledgeable, and spent about another 1/2 an hour going over how they were all formed and what gems they were. Would definitely do it again!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Over the last 7 years, whenever we can, we stop in to look for jewels, visit with Doc and his family and learn more and more about the gemstones of the area. Everybody who works there is helpful, knowledgeable and some of my most favorite peices of jewelry (after my wedding rings) are peices I found there and that Doc cut and set for me. I have a 3.5 carot trillion cut topaz, a 5 star ruby, just an amazing assortment of stones and set peices, plus all the rocks, that I have stashed in the basement and haven't had cut (yet). Although I can easily go through 2 large buckets, I always take one home with me to tide me over until my next visit.

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We have been several times and my grandson had to have his 8th birthday party there. The dinosaur museum is great as well as gem mining. Definitely worth the price. We will be back!

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We went back for our annual NC trip and knew this was at the top of our to-do list. I honestly worried a bit that it wouldn't be as good the second time around, however, it was!! They were exceptionally busy and being that we were a party of 14 and the weather was worsening, we didn't have time to get our rocks ID'd. When I contacted Kimberly a few weeks later, she was more than happy to ID them via email and she did so in such a quick and pleasant manner!! We love this place!! And to top it all off, we got some GREAT gems!!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

My girlfriend and I had a great experience at Docs Gem Mine. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They gave us a detail explanation on every gem we found, and helped us pick out the perfect stone that had peridot in it, for us to get shaped into jewelry.