“Excellent, yet again”

Doc's Rocks Gem Mine
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We went back for our annual NC trip and knew this was at the top of our to-do list. I honestly worried a bit that it wouldn't be as good the second time around, however, it was!! They were exceptionally busy and being that we were a party of 14 and the weather was worsening, we didn't have time to get our rocks ID'd. When I contacted Kimberly a few weeks later, she was more than happy to ID them via email and she did so in such a quick and pleasant manner!! We love this place!! And to top it all off, we got some GREAT gems!!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

My girlfriend and I had a great experience at Docs Gem Mine. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They gave us a detail explanation on every gem we found, and helped us pick out the perfect stone that had peridot in it, for us to get shaped into jewelry.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

We visited Docs Rocks on New Years Day. Due to the fact that my 5 year old son had so much fun, we had to return the following day for more fun! We found numerous stones and a giant garnet that when cut was 8.5 ct. My son learned so much about the gems and even took them to his Kindergarten class when we returned home. Very friendly staff and great fun!

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Our family of 5 spent an afternoon "sifting dirt" at Doc's Rocks. It was a fun and educational couple of hours. Our three kids - ages 19, 21 and 15 enjoyed the experience as much as we did.
Kimberly was very helpful in explaining the types of rocks that we found and very knowledgeable able which stones could be made into jewelry. All three children had rings made out of the gems they found and we also had three gems set into pendants.

We sifted our dirt inside --- dry and warm and the atmosphere was cozy and friendly. Don't forget to check out the attached coffee shop -- delicious hot chocolate! We will visit again the next time we are in Blowing Rock.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We love going to Doc's Rocks. I have "mined" lots of rocks. I have had Doc cut many of them. I have brought some of the rubies, saphires, and emeralds to jewelers and had them set into rings, earrings, and pendants. I am never disappointed when Doc cuts my stones. We have brought friends to Doc's and they enjoyed their experience at Doc's.