All reviewsroom was cleanpancake machinenice hotelthe blue ridge parkwayfree breakfastindoor poolnice stayfront desk staffdiscount ticketscinnamon rollsbiscuits and gravytweetsie railroadstay there againyogurtthird floorgrandfather mountainthe staff was friendly and helpful
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were there 2 nights last week. Hotel was very nice, rooms were spacious & clean. Breakfast was fresh & hot and the staff was very friendly. We couldn't get the fan on the AC to run constantly which we like to do to but the temp was fine. The drive way & parking lot is uneven & has large dips in it. Perhaps they're waiting until road construction is complete. Those 2 items were minor issues and we would definitely return to this HIEx.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank frdallen
hiexpressbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Frdallen
Thank you for the review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. I pleased to hear you enjoyed the breakfast that we offered. We are waiting to repave the parking lot once all the construction is done. I will pass your kind words on to the staff.

Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We recently came to Blowing Rock for a visit to Tweetsie. The hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly. They also offer discount tix to Grandfather Mountain, which is nearby. We utilized the pool, which was in a heated space, but the pool itself is not heated. However, it was very comfortable. We also enjoyed the free breakfast after a good sleep, with gravy, biscuits, yogurt, bagels and much more. Overall, a great hotel for a reasonable price!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

jmkimsey

Thank you so much for the review of hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. I will pass your kind words on to the staff.
Thanks again for staying with us, we truly appreciate it.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had a very pleasant stay of three nights in this hotel. The rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. The hotel had a good swimming pool and public areas were well appointed and inviting.

I would be most happy to return here anytime.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Travel hound Dorset

Thank you for the review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thanks again for staying with us, we truly appreciate it.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed about a week ago. We went to Grandfather Mt and then up to Damascus to ride the Virginia Creeper Trail. This was a very nice hotel. Very clean and friendly people. The breakfast attendent was super friendly. We will be back. My only little complaint was indoor pool was a little chilly.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

slohiker713

I will be sure to pass your kind words on to the breakfast bar staff. I apologize that the pool was a little chilly. We had to replace the burner tubs on the pool heater and it took a few day for the pool temp to get back to normal.
Thanks again for staying with us, we truly appreciate it.

Hope to see you again soon !

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We needed a "last minute" place to stay for just one night while in Blowing Rock and this Holiday Inn was an excellent choice. The room was nice and clean. The complimentary breakfast was a lot more than I expected (sausage, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, cereal, yogurt, bagels, fruit, etc...). We had a special request as my husband needed an early breakfast and they made sure to have the cereal and milk out very early for us and we greatly appreciated it. I went back for the more elaborate breakfast! =) Very close to town and you can walk to a couple of the restaurants if you need a quick bite to eat and don't want to drive. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not located near the pool area - we could hear the pool door slamming well into our normal sleep hours (though we go to bed fairly early).
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
hiexpressbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

masongirl79
Thank you for review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. I am glad we were able to accommodate your needs with the early breakfast. I will be sure and pass yor kind words on the brekfast bar and housekeeping staff. Thanks again for staying with us, we truly appreciate it.

Hope to see you again soon