All reviewsroom was cleanpancake machinenice hotelthe blue ridge parkwayfree breakfastindoor poolnice stayfront desk staffdiscount ticketscinnamon rollsbiscuits and gravytweetsie railroadstay there againyogurtthird floorgrandfather mountainthe staff was friendly and helpful
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had a very pleasant stay of three nights in this hotel. The rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. The hotel had a good swimming pool and public areas were well appointed and inviting.

I would be most happy to return here anytime.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
hiexpressbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Travel hound Dorset

Thank you for the review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thanks again for staying with us, we truly appreciate it.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed about a week ago. We went to Grandfather Mt and then up to Damascus to ride the Virginia Creeper Trail. This was a very nice hotel. Very clean and friendly people. The breakfast attendent was super friendly. We will be back. My only little complaint was indoor pool was a little chilly.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

slohiker713

I will be sure to pass your kind words on to the breakfast bar staff. I apologize that the pool was a little chilly. We had to replace the burner tubs on the pool heater and it took a few day for the pool temp to get back to normal.
Thanks again for staying with us, we truly appreciate it.

Hope to see you again soon !

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We needed a "last minute" place to stay for just one night while in Blowing Rock and this Holiday Inn was an excellent choice. The room was nice and clean. The complimentary breakfast was a lot more than I expected (sausage, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, cereal, yogurt, bagels, fruit, etc...). We had a special request as my husband needed an early breakfast and they made sure to have the cereal and milk out very early for us and we greatly appreciated it. I went back for the more elaborate breakfast! =) Very close to town and you can walk to a couple of the restaurants if you need a quick bite to eat and don't want to drive. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not located near the pool area - we could hear the pool door slamming well into our normal sleep hours (though we go to bed fairly early).
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
hiexpressbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

masongirl79
Thank you for review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. I am glad we were able to accommodate your needs with the early breakfast. I will be sure and pass yor kind words on the brekfast bar and housekeeping staff. Thanks again for staying with us, we truly appreciate it.

Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Very nice Hotel. Friendly, helpful hotel staff. Clean, well equipped rooms. Free wi fi. Nice indoor pool. Exellent breakfast choices with adequate seating. Close to downtown Blowing Rock. Easy access to Boone and surrounding locales. No restaurant on premise although very close to eating establishments..
Would definitely recommend

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
hiexpressbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

lexxi18

Thank you so much for the review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure and pass your kind words on to the staff.
Thanks again for staying withus, we truly appreciate it,

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Very nice Hotel. Excellent breakfast, courteous staff, clean.The Road construction in front of it on 321 makes it difficult to get into sometimes but not always.Rooms were clean and house keeping was very good. Very convenient to downtown blowing rock and several good restaurants very close.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the back, because of road noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for yor review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. It's something that our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to housekeeping.
Thanks again for staying with us, we truly appreciate it.

We hope to see you again soon.