Meadowbrook Inn(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
$80
$129
$129
$99
Boxwood Lodge(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
$109
Alpine Village Inn(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
$100
Blowing Rock Inn and Villas(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
$109
Chetola Resort at Blowing Rock(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
$222
The Green Park Inn(Blowing Rock)(Great Value!)
$134
Hotwire.com
All reviewsroom was cleanpancake machinenice hotelthe blue ridge parkwayfree breakfastindoor poolnice stayfront desk staffdiscount ticketscinnamon rollsbiscuits and gravytweetsie railroadstay there againyogurtthird floorgrandfather mountainthe staff was friendly and helpful
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The Holiday Inn Express is an older hotel. There was a lot of major construction taking place on the road right outside the hotel. We were concerned that it would be noisey, but it was not. Don't let the outside of the hotel scare you as even though it is an older hotel the inside is very nice. The rooms are large, clean with comfortable bedding. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good. Once the constuction is finished I would think the hotel would fix up the outside a bit. The location is great as you are very close to the shopping and the parkway. We would stay here again if in Blowing Rock.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Had to be moved from first room... in between mattress was questionable. The second room was clean but tub wouldn't drain properly. The night staff was not too friendly but the morning crew was helpful. the breakfast was good and well stocked. not sure I would stay there again. Definitely room for much improvement.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Dear Shawn W,

Thank you for sharing your comments about our hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed the breakfast served during your stay. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectations. I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with our hotel staff and room accommodations. We truly value comments may it be positive or negative as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer to improve your stay.

While I understand your stay was not 100% as it should have been. I do hope you can stay with us again so we can show you how truly great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 23, 2012

This was my first visit to Blowing Rock and the hotel was recommended by a friend. Great place to stay! The staff was very attentive, the room was very clean and up-to-date. The breakfast had plenty of variety, the food was fresh and plentiful and the eating area was roomy and clean. For the value, it exceeded my expectations. If I'm back in the area, this is the place I'll stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed for a long weekend. Because I'm on a special diet, I appreciated the refrigerator in the room. We had 2 queen beds so we could bring our adult daughter with us. Staff were friendly. They have free breakfasts, okay food. Get there early or you won't find a seat. I was disappointed in their gym. They had a stationery bike, 2 ellipticals, and 1 treadmill. The equipment while functional, was very rough to work out on. Nice indoor pool. Although there is major roadwork going on in front of the hotel, we never had a problem with noise, as we had a room in the back of the hotel facing the parking lot.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed one night at this motel until we could get into our condo rental in the area. Staff was very nice and friendly. Our rooms were on the lower level and seemed musty to me. They were clean, but I have stayed at much nicer Expresses. There did seem to be a lot work going on around the hotel. I am wondering if it use to be another brand and recently changed ownership.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher level room. Avoid the lower floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear KentuckyBreezing,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. I appreciate the compliments on our staff and the level of service provided. I apologize for the shortcomings you had experienced during your stay and regret that the room you received did not live up to your expectations. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving the quality and services we offer. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Joel B