“Good family value” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Blowing Rock
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good family value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed for a long weekend. Because I'm on a special diet, I appreciated the refrigerator in the room. We had 2 queen beds so we could bring our adult daughter with us. Staff were friendly. They have free breakfasts, okay food. Get there early or you won't find a seat. I was disappointed in their gym. They had a stationery bike, 2 ellipticals, and 1 treadmill. The equipment while functional, was very rough to work out on. Nice indoor pool. Although there is major roadwork going on in front of the hotel, we never had a problem with noise, as we had a room in the back of the hotel facing the parking lot.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Dublin, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed one night at this motel until we could get into our condo rental in the area. Staff was very nice and friendly. Our rooms were on the lower level and seemed musty to me. They were clean, but I have stayed at much nicer Expresses. There did seem to be a lot work going on around the hotel. I am wondering if it use to be another brand and recently changed ownership.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher level room. Avoid the lower floor.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear KentuckyBreezing,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. I appreciate the compliments on our staff and the level of service provided. I apologize for the shortcomings you had experienced during your stay and regret that the room you received did not live up to your expectations. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving the quality and services we offer. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Simpsonville, SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I love the renovated Holiday Inn Expresses and their priority club rewards so much that we exclusively look for HI now when booking a hotel. I got this night for half off by redeeming some points. The place was booked solid but for one room when we arrived! Nice furnishings, nice place. Very convenient location. We did have some bathroom issues which I told the front desk about upon leaving. The tub didn't drain and the vent didn't work in the bathroom. I might have cared more if we were staying more than one night. I always appreciate the free breakfast. It may not be the greatest in the world, but it's free!

Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed here recently for business, just for one night. I typically stay in Lenoir, about a half hour south, because a room at the Days Inn is about half the price, but every hotel was booked solid because of the Little Miss North Carolina Pageant.
The front desk staff was very nice, the room was very clean. Since my stay was less than 12 hours, it was a little pricey for my needs, but the best I could find on short notice. If I was traveling on vacation and staying a longer time period, I would definitely recommend this hotel, as it is very convenient to downtown Blowing Rock, and a very comfortable, clean stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

I just enjoyed a fabulous 3-night stay at this property. The night I arrived without a reservation, the two women behind the desk were extremely friendly, hospitable, and helpful. Before long, I had keys to a very clean and comfortable room. Housekeeping did a great job tidying up each day, and respected the "Quiet please" tag on the door while I slept in a little bit.

My stay was much in keeping with the majority of my very good experiences with the Holiday Inn Express brand. Breakfast was good and varied slightly each morning. I did not use the fitness room or pool.

The location was perfect! Numerous restaurants and Food Lion were immediately nearby, and a small outlet mall was right down the street. Most importantly, the places I wanted to visit (Grandfather Mountain, Linville Caverns, Banner Elk, etc.) were a beautiful, scenic drive away. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Raleigh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed for one night so we could be close to the mountain for the next days activities. We arrived late at night but there was a person right at the counter waiting for us. She was helpful and efficient, even told us she could get us discount tickets. The room was clean and spacious. We slept well. The breakfast was ample but seating was an issue, either get there early or be prepared to find a seat. You'll find everything you want for breakfast I think but it is cramped so just be patient. The road is currently under construction so just be aware going in and out with the traffic.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nordrummer21
RTP
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is an older building that has been remodeled in the past 3-4 years. The hotel is average, but at $150 a night I would not reccomend or stay here again. In my opinion this is a $80-90 hotel. The rooms are clean and nicely furnished, except for the very soft bed. The pool is nice. Room is quite, but you can hear every noise in the bathroom next door. The hotel is located directly on the highway, which is currently under major construction. The free breakfast is OK, typical frozen/microwaved food. Next trip I will try the Holiday Inn or Country Inn in Boone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jim K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear Jim K,

Thank you for taking time to review our property. It is always a great pleasure to read encouraging remarks from our valued guests like yourself that the rooms are clean and nicely furnished. On the contrary, it is disappointing to hear that you were not satisfied with the price you paid and some room amenities fell below your expectations. We would like to sincerely apologize in this regard. This is certainly not the impression we wish to project to our guests. We take our customer reviews very seriously and really use them to better the quality and guests services we offer in the future.

Connie D
#6 of 18 in Boone
Cliff Dwellers Inn
Cliff Dwellers Inn
#11 of 15 in Blowing Rock

Been to Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South? Share your experiences!